Project at coworkers place

Not sure where to post this however would welcome a gut check so to speak.

A female coworker (few years younger, single & yes attractive) asked me for my professional advise on a matter outside the office. She suggested we meet at her place or mine and go over the project. I countered by saying we could meet at a public place and go over it. She offered to cook dinner if I went to her's which I accepted.

I have a very good working relationship with this lady. It's always professional, we do have a laugh once in a while and go to lunch every few days. I've been away with her a few times for business (separate hotel rooms of course) and we always got along well I keep it about business as much as possible.

Here's the part that I need third party input on. Last work trip we were on a few months back she and I had a few drinks with dinner along with other coworkers after we were done for the day. She become very touchy freely a few times. I noticed others at the table we work with pickup on this. I put it down to her being in a more relaxed state and more social atmosphere plus I'm comfortable with her and she is with me. I took it as a compliment.

A few times during the trip she randomly asked me a few personal questions like if I wanted children and were I wanted to be in my career in 5 or 10 years time, where I wanted to live and so on. At dinner one night again randomly she tells me what she likes in a guy personality wise, she just puts it out there. No one else heard that. One of the nights I couldn't join the group and promptly the next morning she informed me a guy asked her out the night before. I congratulated her but she seemed upset. Actually later that night we had a mini argument that's kind of out of charter for her.

I can't help but feel maybe she's grown interested and is wondering why I'm ignoring her. She's unaware I'm split up with my gf (work people don't need to know this) as far as she knows I'm off the market. I have in the past mentioned that I keep work/business separate. I've also said that I don't date from work. Am I reading too much into this. I suppose I'll find out tomorrow night.

Here's the test:

Don't drink any alcohol, keep it 100% professional, and see if she hits on you.

Keep yourself sober so that there is not even the remotest temptation to let inhibitions lower....

PianoMan2016

At 36 I have never had a girlfriend.

If I ever run into the situation where my attractive co-worker is single, and she hits on me, with as long as I've liked her, I don't think I'd be able to not prevent it from going anywhere.

Sorry to the never-date-at-work crowd, but that's where my will power breaks down.

• Author

My gut was right on the money. I avoided anything unprofessional but needed a strong drink after work. I've kept work at work and everything else out of work.

She is definitely interested in you. My guess is that she wants to sleep with you or see how far it goes at her place. In her mind, this is a big date. You need to decide your intentions before you go there.

If you want to keep it professional, stay sober, do all your work on the kitchen table-or another table-not the couch. Nowhere where you may be touching her.

If you want to take no chances at all, tell her you will meet her at a library for work or possibly at a quiet unromantic restaurant. Make an excuse to get yourself out of her place.

If you really can't resist her, then kiss her once or twice and see where it goes from there.

• Author
She is definitely interested in you. My guess is that she wants to sleep with you or see how far it goes at her place. In her mind, this is a big date. You need to decide your intentions before you go there.

If you want to keep it professional, stay sober, do all your work on the kitchen table-or another table-not the couch. Nowhere where you may be touching her.

If you want to take no chances at all, tell her you will meet her at a library for work or possibly at a quiet unromantic restaurant. Make an excuse to get yourself out of her place.

If you really can't resist her, then kiss her once or twice and see where it goes from there.

Good advice at the start then you caved. She is interested and I got out of there unscathed. I think a kiss is all it would have taken to have things go from bad to worse or from work.. to "work" lol. I really don't want to be the subject of gossip at work and I like to keep work at work and whom I date as far away from work as I can.