Our CEO bought us lunch today...

So I planned this lunch outing at a local eatery that makes the best burgers in the DEtroit area. We had 10 people in the group.

Just by chance our company's CEO came in and sat at the bar and was eating and recognized someone in our group and came over. He said he would take care of our entire check.

Now is that totally cool or what? Especially considering we are a Fortune 125 company and this dude prob makes $10 million per yr. WOW!

The 3 or 4 people I invited that decided not to come are gonna be pissed!

Our bosses (we have three) buy us lunch when we meet our budget deadlines. Free lunch makes it taste so much yummier!

If we get a free meal.......we're charged taxes on it. Any gift/certificate/food all has a value and they feel that if it has a value, we'll be charged taxes.....they swear its an IRS deal. Who knows, all I know is, I refuse to eat or take anything free anymore.

I also work for a Fortune 125 company. Our boss buys us free lunches, dinners and drinks all the time. You know why? Yes, he is a nice guy. But also because he can put it on his diners card!! Did it occur to you that your boss just kept the receipt and claimed it on a company account?

Originally posted by DudeCool

I also work for a Fortune 125 company. Our boss buys us free lunches, dinners and drinks all the time. You know why? Yes, he is a nice guy. But also because he can put it on his diners card!! Did it occur to you that your boss just kept the receipt and claimed it on a company account?

well mine does not! so there :p !

i would much rather dote the fact that i DID get a free lunch.

When I worked for an oil company, we had free lunches quarterly and free dinners every couple of months, too. Every six months or so there'd be a big blowout event with activities like horseback riding or indoor gaming and then a meal. Oh, and usually flew first class for business trips and stayed at top hotels. Too bad the job was wretched.

BrainRightHeartWrong

i worked a startup IT company based in Belfast, Northern Ireland.

CEO etc was American, used the grant scheme from the government here to raise around $18 million to start the business

story goes... 30 employees including me!

free bar every Friday night etc. free absolutely everything... we never got any work and the firm went bust after 14 months

free bars were a disgraceful waste of money!

but that was 1% of the real waste

hey what a good business plan or what?

dickheads!

Originally posted by alphamale

Just by chance our company's CEO came in and sat at the bar and was eating and recognized someone in our group and came over. He said he would take care of our entire check.

I think it's cool. He could have just ignored you, but he went out of his way. If he used his personal money to do it, it would have been even cooler. You know he expensed it and it didn't cost him anything. But still.

I get free luch every Tues and Thursday, the doc and all his staff go to the nearby mexican restaurant. It's like clockwork. They know we're coming. :)