Does anyone have a "Jerry" (from Parks & Rec) in the office?

If you don't know who Jerry is, stop reading this and binge watch Parks & Rec for about 3 days on Netflix. Then come back.

If you know who Jerry is, do you have one? Why do you think he/she is still employed?

Our Jerry:

1) He is Jerry-shaped, with a body resembling a Swedish meatball.

2) He cannot use technology at all. His fear of computers is akin to my grandmother's fear of microwaves back in 1985.

3) He screws up seemingly simple tasks. For example, he's our part-time receptionist but routinely misroutes phone calls (this has been improving). He does yell out, "Sorry!" when he screws up.

4) So why is he here? I'm not sure, but he is VERY nice and humble and he legitimately tries to help. It's like his skillset will never match his willingness to contribute. Oh and when someone curses he gets all embarrassed. He's had some health problems and major personal problems and I think the boss feels sorry for him.

It's wonderful that your boss has enough compassion to employ Jerry. If nothing else, it will provide him a yardstick by which to measure the empathy of others in the office.