Why does my coworker keep looking in my direction?

E-Squared

It's been happening for a while, actually. Let me start off by saying that I acknowledge my coworker's attractiveness. I can see that she is a pretty woman, but I don't talk to her that much. When I do, we make a few cracks that are related to work, and have made some small-talk with her. I don't even eat lunch with her, so I am not even trying to get closer to her.

One thing I will say now is that she has a boyfriend. She told me that she has a boyfriend, but not flat-out telling me "I have a boyfriend," but more like "My boyfriend took me out this past weekend." It was kind of like that.

Most of the times I think she initiated the eye contact. So it was more that I turned my attention when I walked by and noticed HER looking in MY direction. I try not to over-think things. I am aware that she has a man, and usually in my case, a boyfriend means that I shouldn't go for her. However, I often catch her looking in my direction.

Lately, I've been sitting in a row where my back faces her, so I usually am not in a position where I look at her. I have sat next to her a few times, but I try to keep my focus on my work. However, I still have noticed through my peripheral vision that she glances at me at times.

What do you think is the deal with her? I am not interested in her, and she has a boyfriend. So why does she often look in my direction?

It's been happening for a while, actually. Let me start off by saying that I acknowledge my coworker's attractiveness. I can see that she is a pretty woman, but I don't talk to her that much. When I do, we make a few cracks that are related to work, and have made some small-talk with her. I don't even eat lunch with her, so I am not even trying to get closer to her.

One thing I will say now is that she has a boyfriend. She told me that she has a boyfriend, but not flat-out telling me "I have a boyfriend," but more like "My boyfriend took me out this past weekend." It was kind of like that.

Most of the times I think she initiated the eye contact. So it was more that I turned my attention when I walked by and noticed HER looking in MY direction. I try not to over-think things. I am aware that she has a man, and usually in my case, a boyfriend means that I shouldn't go for her. However, I often catch her looking in my direction.

Lately, I've been sitting in a row where my back faces her, so I usually am not in a position where I look at her. I have sat next to her a few times, but I try to keep my focus on my work. However, I still have noticed through my peripheral vision that she glances at me at times.

What do you think is the deal with her? I am not interested in her, and she has a boyfriend. So why does she often look in my direction?

I get a sense that what you want to hear is that she's interested in you.

You may be making a noise that annoys her, or maybe she's not actually looking at you until you begin to move (you'd have to turn around to see her staring at you). Eyes are naturally drawn to motion.

My guess is she kind of likes you, and that it probably means absolutely nothing more than that. Looking is free. ;)

• Like 1
loverboy69

I think if you were not interested in her you wouldn't be writing about her on this forum. :)

You wouldn't care if she looks at you otherwise.

You are probably in the beginning stages of falling for her. This is the fun and confusing part. Enjoy it.

• Like 1
  • Author
E-Squared
I think if you were not interested in her you wouldn't be writing about her on this forum. :)

You wouldn't care if she looks at you otherwise.

You are probably in the beginning stages of falling for her. This is the fun and confusing part. Enjoy it.

Okay, you may have a point. I don't really have a romantic interest in her, as far as I know.