Which type of person would you prefer to be around?

purplesoccer34

The type that has high energy, is very friendly, loves to talk and laugh and isn't afraid to speak in a loud, confident voice? Or the type that's also friendly and puts people at ease but in a calm, collected, quiet sort of way?

Which type of person would you prefer to be around? Which type of personality is more valued in the workplace, assuming both are hardworking, ambitious, and have great communication skills? Of course, I know this depends on the type of work, but I'm just asking in general.

But it does depend upon the work, the job.

I'd pick the second one because calming clients is part of my business. My daughter’s the 1st type and does great bartending, catering and waiting table.

I like both types of people in general.

I prefer the second, but most people seem to prefer the first, at least from what I've seen as to who's popular in the workplace. The most popular girl at one office I worked at, with both men and women, was a real attention whore who actually did cheerleading jumps in the office and intruded on every conversation and was loud and just intrusive. She eventually got to be too much for at least one of the bosses, but people wanted to bask in her glow.

The second, because #1 is usually the person that can't stop talking once they get started, and sometimes I need that time to actually be productive.

For the record, I can be both. But I know when to be #2.