Job interview jokes?

So I went for a job interview after being referred by a friend. It went well for the most part. In the end one of the interviewers made a joke about me and my friend being Android users and her and the boss being IPhone users.

Then she said in a joking manner that she would have to jot that down as a negative factor. We all got a good laugh and we said our byes.

Now, I have to go for another interview, but this time it will be conducted by my friend only. I was thinking after I am done the interview with him, I wanted to show my sense of humour too.

And, thought I'd give him a sheet to give to the two people that interviewed me with info such as "Reasons why you should move from Iphone to Android".

Then listing some reasons that are posted on some website.

Do you think this would be appropriate?

My friend did say that one reason why he refereed me was because he liked my sense of humour and that's the type of humour they have/use at work. I thought I't would be a good way to show off my humours side since I was fairly serious in the interview, but also nervous too. I kind of felt like I didn't say too much about who I am or much about myself.

noooo, that would show too much thought into trying to be funny and would also be totally inappropriate, it's an interview process..

Humor is supposed to be spontaneous as well...

• Like 8

My vote - do it ONLY if it clearly demonstrates a needed/valued skill in the job you're interviewing for - such as clear/concise writing, salesmanship, etc.

If done well, it could "seal the deal" and land you the position.

If done poorly (i.e., you insult someone in the process), it could lock that door forever.

• Like 1

Laughing at jokes made by your boss / interviewer is good. Telling jokes is bad.

Do not do this.

It will signal that you focused on the wrong thing from the interview -- not the company's needs or your skill set just the joking part.

If you had sent that to your friend only, using your friend's personal (not work e-mail) the day after that might have been OK but now in the interview context it would be a horrible mistake that could cost you the job.

• Author

thanks for the feedback everyone.

I also gave it some thought and decided to not go through with it. I rather play it safe than risk it all.

• Like 1