Why does my manager always "forget" what my name is?

LisaSmith_1970

Just last year, some of us transferred to a different department and we ended up having a new manager-she has worked there for several years. Anyway, I don't know why she ALWAYS forgets my name. Like the other day, we crossed paths and she was saying, hello to everyone followed by their names, she came to me and just said, "hello." She mistakes me for someone else and she even admitted to me and she apologizes because me and another girl look soo "much alike." Also, today as I was leaving work, she was standing there and saying bye to everyone-followed by their name and when I walked past her, she said bye, then mumbled by name...and then said she was "going to learn everyone's name." Well, she certainly knows my co-workers name, but for some reason she forgets what my name is...I'm like wth? Most of the day, I'm working, but I'm not the type of person to knock on her door and socialize. If I do see her walking around, she doesn't initiate conversation and isn't welcoming to the point where I would socialize with her. Am I just a warm-body?

I would take a good look at the other girl she mixes you up with and make sure you and she look very different. I guess she doesn't want to insult either of you by getting your name wrong

Make a point of speaking to your manager at every good opportunity you get. Being noted by your manager as a friendly person and a good worker, should stand you in good stead.

Even if you do not want to work there forever, a reference from her will be useless, if she doesn't even know who you are.

Anyway, I don't know why she ALWAYS forgets my name. Like the other day, we crossed paths and she was saying, hello to everyone followed by their names, she came to me and just said, "hello." She mistakes me for someone else and she even admitted to me and she apologizes because me and another girl look soo "much alike." Also, today as I was leaving work, she was standing there and saying bye to everyone-followed by their name and when I walked past her, she said bye, then mumbled by name...and then said she was "going to learn everyone's name." Well, she certainly knows my co-workers name, but for some reason she forgets what my name is...I'm like wth? Most of the day, I'm working, but I'm not the type of person to knock on her door and socialize. If I do see her walking around, she doesn't initiate conversation and isn't welcoming to the point where I would socialize with her. Am I just a warm-body?

One day just go talk to her in her office. Tell her your name and jokingly tell her to now think of something to associate your name with, maybe that will help her remember. Or a song with your name in it.

I think she is embarrassed by this, she has apologized and told you why she mixes you up with someone else who looks similar to you. She isn't doing it on purpose to single you out or be mean. She honestly just can't remember.