Overthinking coworker intentions?

Recently I've been working on a few projects with a coworker who is older, and I think I've developed bit of a crush on this person. We both work late hours and share a lot of email jokes, although not much in-person interaction as we work out of difference offices in different cities. I have met this person on a few occasions due to travel. I wouldn't act on my crush since he is much older and married, however, it is hard for me to move on emotionally when I am unsure of his intentions. I think I am overthinking things in a skewed light, but certain things he says definitely seems out of the norm of what you would consider coworker professionalism - very "special relationship" esque though nothing inappropriate. Seems almost like work buddies but the large age gap and gender difference makes it a little bit suspect, not like usual work buddies between same-generation peers. He is obviously higher up in the company. Not sure if it is just his usual behavior, because he does have a reputation for being very laid back and friendly. I just don't know how to compare this with other coworker relationships of my own and in general since I don't have very much experience in the work environment. A certain phrase comes to mind, where if you suspect there's the possibility of something, then there probably is. Communicating with him like the way we've been doing makes work more fun for the both of us but some part thinks its safer to get out while you're ahead. Additionally, he will be transferring to my current office for a project in the near future.

Am I just overthinking everything? I apologize if this is all very vague, I have a hard time talking about these kinds of thoughts. Appreciate any advice.

what are you trying to ask? if there is no potential from your side - seeing as how he's older and married - then there is no conflict, right? if you're crushing on him then you need to stop and examine why. is he giving you attention a bf/other men are not? go get whatever he is giving you from someone a)single b)not in the workplace. a lot of people have "work husbands" or "work wives" - myself included - but they should be friends and coffee buddies, not people you are emailing/phoning/texting outside the office. if you keep everything inside the office at least you're better off.

since this the ops first post, id simply like to welcome to the forums and suggest reading some similar topics. welcome and look forward to your contributing feedback to others as well.

I think your instincts are probably correct, but that doesn't mean he will necessarily follow through on anything. I guess see if he stays within boundaries and don't do anything to push him beyond those boundaries.