lexnmike4enomore

nep·o·tism (np-tzm) n.

Favoritism shown or patronage granted to relatives, as in business.

This is what i am dealing with in my office. My boss' daughter isn't smart. She's kind of slow in the head (diagnosed and all). But they think she is absolutely perfect in every way. She messes HUGE projects up all the time. So she gets her own office, huge responsibilities that she cant handle. Better benefits than me. But every time she messes up my bosses (Husband and Wife) baby her...SHE'S 27!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not a single person at my job likes her. She maybe slow but no one addresses it. She may be diagnoses but my bosses blame it on kids picking on her b/c she's "slow" (there the kind of parents that think there's NOTHINGS wrong w/ their child, like its everyone else's fault that there like that) How do i address this? I mean her office is even bigger than mine. Shes allowed to stroll in whenever she want when we all have to be there at 8. IT JUST PISSED ME OFF B/C SHE'S INCOMPITANT (sp)

That really sucks!

However short of quitting, I don't really know there is much (if anything) you can do.

This is thier daughter, and obviously they pamper her... they aren't blind, they know what she is capable of and what she isn't... but it seems they are more than willing to overlook that.

It's not really a wonder that no one in your office cares for her... I would think it would be hard enough being the child of the boss, but even worse when you're really not competant to do the job...

Hang in there!

It depends. If your boss owns the company, then it wouldn't do any good to open your mouth about it, they probably are aware, and can't do anything about it (after all, it's their child). If they don't own the company, then you've got options.

Originally posted by lexnmike4e ...She's kind of slow in the head (diagnosed and all)...She messes HUGE projects up all the time. ...huge responsibilities that she cant handle...Not a single person at my job likes her. She maybe slow but no one addresses it. She may be diagnoses but...b/c she's "slow"...SHE'S INCOMPITANT (sp)

Woah. I cut bits and pieces out of your original post to show that, if you approach your problem focusing on her being "slow", it might not get you anywhere. I understand that you do not think she is useless, or truly incompetent as an individual, but with all that aggression you just got out, it might be hard for some people to realize that.

If it is true that many coworkers believe that this woman is not suited to her professional position, and is incapable of handling the responsibilities properly, it might be wise for a representative group to approach the bosses about this. If enough of you (employees) approach your employers, perhaps something can be done.

I would not focus on her disabilities, as equal opportunity is all the rage these days. Instead, I would suggest that you focus on reasons as to why she is not suited for her job position. I might also stay away from the parental favoritism side of things. I am certain that you, and many of your coworkers, can put together a list of facts to prove that this woman should not be allowed to hold the position that she does.

Faux - it would be pointless to do as you suggest. She's their darling baby girl and they can't help but know that her projects tank. Parents can be completely blind to the flaws of their adored children. The options are to change jobs or accept that that's the way it's going to be.

lexnmike4enomore

All you guys are right. He does own the company so i have to sit here and give 1000% while she sits there and chews on her tongue (seriously). O'well....nothing much i can do then! Thanx for all the tips and support!

Take a different approach. Try including her in your team. Help her. Allow her parents to see you helping her. I'm not saying to brown-nose, but it may help everyone involved if you try taking a positive and proactive approach and help her to learn and to be more productive, and that will ease the strain on you.