Why do girls seek attention this way...

There is this girl at work -- she constantly comes by my cubicle to say hello, gives me attention all the time, always ask about my current relationship but everytime I mention to her "hey, let's go get some coffee or something", she always blows me off.

The other day, she came by and said that her weekend was wide open and did not have plans. Now I'm thinking -- is she seeking attention from me by enticing me to ask her out but to reject me, or what? I'm really sick of it -- yes, I'm attracted to her but I'm 50 years old and I don't want to play games.

Last week, I didn't come to work so she sends me an email and ask if everything is ok -- I replied and said I'm fine, let's go out -- I never got a reply -- will somebody enlighten me please.

usaims

Your suspensions are correct, just ignore her. If your 50 I assume she's over 40. It's a shame, women that age usually don't play games.

People at work feel like they have to get other people at work to like them. It's like part of the job to get along with your coworkers. That doesn't mean they want to date you or that you're even really friends. You need to stop asking her out. For all you know, she may have been told to help motivate people and be positive or something.

• Author

I quit the job last week and she was on a business trip. When she got back she asked my boss about my whereabouts -- he told her I guit. Then I got an email from her today and she wants to have coffee with me. I replied -- let's see if she is full of it again?

usaims

OP, she asks about your current relationship? So from that, I assume you are in a relationship at the moment and that begs the question why are you asking this woman for coffee?

• Author

Why. She is attracted to me, I'm attracted to her -- there is chemistry -- we only live once -- enjoy life while I'm still healthy. We are humans -- we are made to love each other. It is not just about sex -- if I only wanted sex, I could go to ashleymadison.com or eroticaffairs.com.

• Like 1
There is this girl at work -- she constantly comes by my cubicle to say hello, gives me attention all the time, always ask about my current relationship but everytime I mention to her "hey, let's go get some coffee or something", she always blows me off.

The other day, she came by and said that her weekend was wide open and did not have plans. Now I'm thinking -- is she seeking attention from me by enticing me to ask her out but to reject me, or what? I'm really sick of it -- yes, I'm attracted to her but I'm 50 years old and I don't want to play games.

Last week, I didn't come to work so she sends me an email and ask if everything is ok -- I replied and said I'm fine, let's go out -- I never got a reply -- will somebody enlighten me please.

usaims

Yea, she's testing the waters on who might be interested in her. Women are like this in wanting to feel wanted even if they don't want you back. It is definitely more prevalent with the younger dames under 40.

I have to say that I am so sickened by how easy men are to toy with. I am a healthy 50 year old man and I am not immune to being attracted to women.

But the more women play these games at work, and the more the older men and women tolerate this, the more sex will become what work is all about and the less it will be about skill and merit.

We are already there.

I know that I sound like an old fart for saying this, but when you introduce this stuff into the workplace, it just deteriorates.

Mark my words - you will be on the receiving end of a sexual harrassment action by HR at some point. I guarantee it. Not by this one, but by someone else who is watching.

You cannot say someone did not try to warn you.

usaims

She sounds like a looney toon...RUNNNNNN

Girls got less brain and more body. This is why they act like they are something... They are attractive, that's all the point they got and I love them.

• Author

Now I realize -- she is full of it and I was stupid to play along. When a girl really likes me, she won't say 'no' and will give me every indication for me to ask her out. I'm done with her and her stupid games. Ok, I would understand if she was hot and had a killer body but she is just an average plain Jane. I don't have time for these games -- there are plenty of women out there that is way hotter then her and smarter. No wonder why she never married and is 50 years old. In my view, if you hit 50 and haven't married then that is a red flag.

In my view, at 50, unless you are widowed, you're slim pickings. It is true, all the good ones are married.

No offense but she may have been taking an interest in friendship. If someone connects with you at work, thet cant really discuss religion, politics, racy subjects, soooo...unfortunately surface subjects like weather, sports, dating topics come up cause frankly people have too much time on their hands to socialize and chat, when the focus at work, should be more work.

And how did you afford at 50 to up and leave a job in this economy?

I really hope it wasnt about a girl?

Some people both male and female are just less than sincere, and sometimes shallow. Some girls need attention but are too immature or selfish to see someones feelings can get hurt.

This is why to keep work for work and your dating life seperate.

Otherwise your emotions become involved hindeting the stability and focus of your career.

Do not respond to her emails. You made the effort, she blew it and was flaky. Now shes writing cause she got used to the attention and wants it back. Thats it, thats all. Block her email and move on.