LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

Vent/Rant: Colleague sticks her nose in everyone's business

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jellybean89

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st April 2014, 5:10 PM   #1
Established Member

Vent/Rant: Colleague sticks her nose in everyone's business

I don't know there's any solution to this, but it's driving me crazy especially today. My coworker is constantly sticking her nose into projects that have zero to do with her actual job title or duties. She emailed me just a few minutes ago about something I've known about for a month and already handled.

She is one of the more senior members of our department (but doesn't manage me), and so I guess she just thinks everything is her business. She works many hours, mostly because (and at least two others agree with me on this) she is inefficient and micromanaging. She wants to meet about meetings and discuss things ad nauseum.

I worked on a project with her recently that required me making some updates on a website; she left me notes on a printout of the page, but then proceeded to email and come by my office to ask if we could "discuss". NO. You left me the changes in writing; now I will make them.

I absolutely can't stand inefficiency and someone making my job more difficult. \endrant Thanks
atlg8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2014, 8:22 PM   #2

I can totally appreciate your frustration!

I do what I can to steer clear of those people - but if you have to interact, do what you can to keep it to email so you have a trail of evidence should you need it!
atlg8r likes this.
jellybean89 is offline   Reply With Quote