LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Business and Professional Relationships

Do I warn my friend that she's going to be reprimanded?

Business and Professional Relationships Networking and maintaining a positive environment in the work place is important! Surviving the 9-to-5 within.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By beyondcrushed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th March 2014, 10:38 PM   #1
Established Member

Do I warn my friend that she's going to be reprimanded?

So a good friend of mine told me the number of candidates who were interviewed for a job opening in our office. I let it slip in conversation with the hiring manager that I knew and that she told me. The mgr was upset and said he will have a talk with her about keeping those things confidential.

My dilemma...do I warn my friend and apologize for letting it slip, but risk losing trust with my boss when he learns I warned her. Or do I say nothing and come clean after my friend approaches me, then try to rebuild any lost friendship?????
beyondcrushed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2014, 10:55 PM   #2
Established Member

maybe the manager won't even mention it, even though he said he would. I would just wait and then apologize afterwards.
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2014, 12:35 AM   #3
Established Member

Thanks. I ended up telling her. This manager will pull her in and talk with her. That's how he is. And he already has issue with her. I thought, whether she's caught off guard or not, she will have an explanation and the manager will either have to believe it or not. So at least she has the warning. Now if the manager calls me in to confirm her story, I will not. Tell him I am done with this.
newmoon likes this.
Old 19th March 2014, 12:36 AM   #4
Established Member

Thanks. I ended up telling her. This manager will pull her in and talk with her. That's how he is. And he already has issue with her. I thought, whether she's caught off guard or not, she will have an explanation and the manager will either have to believe it or not. So at least she has the warning. Now if the manager calls me in to confirm her story, I will do neither confirm or deny. And leave it up to him to decide who to believe.