Too much contentment on your own- Good or Bad?

In the process of overcoming from a break-up, a person start isolating himself from rest of the crowd as everything seem fake. And we might end up being content alone. Is it good or bad? Because at the end, we are all alone. few people may call as anti-social. But being alone becomes a habit and not an option. Is it bad?

Eternal Sunshine
In the process of overcoming from a break-up, a person start isolating himself from rest of the crowd as everything seem fake. And we might end up being content alone. Is it good or bad? Because at the end, we are all alone. few people may call as anti-social. But being alone becomes a habit and not an option. Is it bad?

I personally enjoy being alone so much, I often feel I don't need anyone at all. Even when I am out, I look forward to coming home alone. I suspect it's not entirely healthy, but I was always very introverted. When I am going through something difficult, be it a break up or something else; I don't want support, I just want to be alone.

The only time I somewhat enjoy being around people is when I am in extremly happy mood (due to getting a promotion or some other external event).

I suspect that I am not made for relationships. I felt utterly suffocated when I lived with a guy and I would dread the weekends when we had to be together 24/7 :/

• Like 1

I am quite an introverted person, and I enjoy time to myself in and out of relationships.

I have also just come out of a relationship, so I can empathise with how you feel right now. Especially, if you don't mind me saying a little cynicism at other relationships not feeling real. I've had that feeling.

I am quite enjoying the alone time. It will serve as time to look after your own wants and needs in life. Now is probably the time to be a bit more selfish about what you want to do with your time.

I am sure you will find that you start wanting to spend time with people when your ready... and if not that's still just fine :)