Need advice--Want my old job back TOO!!

Okay, Lola here again. I had posted a thread about how I went off and quit my job b/c of an evaluator who sucked and gave me bad anxiety. Trust me on that, b/c I never had a problem with an evaluator in all my 10 years working and this one gave many people anxiety now only me. OK. So, not to fret b/c I think I can find a new job soon, in time for the new school year and do the responsible thing for my family. BUT. Guess what? I just talked to a coworker and was informed my old awful evaluator has been removed. Hello.

1. I love the other evaluators there. THey are intelligent and creative and great.

2. I love my coworkers, same about them.

3. The only reason I quit was b/c I could not handle another stressful year w/ the bad evaluator.

4. I now want my job back.

I'm thinking I can't have what I want, can I ? Won't I look stupid asking for my job back? What could I say. I know the other eval. know why I quit, even tho I never said it out loud of course. But duh now that Bad Eval is gone, suddenly there's Lola ready to return? Hmmm. Help me out ya'll! Assuming my old job is still available, should I try even? And if so what would I say???

--LL

I have worked for the same company for 8 years.

I have seen several people quit or get let go on good terms and on bad terms.

I have also seen alot of these same people get rehired.

Just go for it. Things may be alittle uncomfortable at first but everyone will forget about what happened eventually.

I don't think there is any harm in asking for your old job back, especially now that the source of your problem is gone. I personally left my job to go to a new one, hated it, and called my boss and asked if I could come back and within a few weeks I was back working there again. Sometimes all you have to do is ask, you may find they miss you as much as you miss them and they will be happy to take you back. On the other hand if they say no, then at least you know you gave it a shot and then its time to move on. Its better to try then to sit and wonder what could have been.

Go for it - so you thought maybe the grass was greener and it wasn't, so what? As long as you didn't burn any other bridges, they'll probably be thrilled to have you back, saves them big bucks on training. Is it so hard to say "gee, I made a mistake but I'm thrilled to be back"? Don't worry about what others think.