Super Peppy Co Worker

simplybrill

Do you have those people at work who are overly peppy, you wonder at the end of the day after you're pretty much drained, how they have so much energy? Hmm, maybe its because he comes in at the END of the day to start his workday, when the rest of us are here before the sun comes up.

I work with someone like that. He's like that ALL the time. He's a communications major, so I guess that factors into it - but its like the guy's on speed or something. Maybe Im just jealous, and wish I had his energy, but honestly, sometimes it just comes off to me as fake-ness.

Maybe this guy just irks me cuz I think he stole some of my hours at work, by sucking up to my boss haha. But for the most part, he's just annoying in how he's mr. peppy, mr. everybody likes me and the boss and me are super-chummy.

:rolleyes:

I feel like that guy in Office Space sometimes, I wonder where I could find a hypnotist like that...

Wellnowuknow

I know exactly what you mean.

It's impossible to be that happy all the time.

God doesn't he have a bad hair day?

Doesn't his mouth hurt from smiling all day?

Maybe I am jealous that he has a huge office with 5 windows...maybe thats why he's so peppy...but man it gets annoying.

But your right it could be fakeness because who knows what hes going through at home? (his 9 bedroom home w/ pool and jacuzzi)

sigh

• 2 weeks later...

I have a good friend and collegue who is like that - the problem is that you never know what's really going on in his mind. Surely it's unnatural for someone to be that frikkin happy all the time? :D

Some people who are miserable in their jobs hate those who are happy. Just like how parties which is lively and fun hate the pooper who is miserable.

I'm sometimes one of those peppy people. And I bet you are like my coworkers who are green with envy at the peppiness and enjoy and get thrilled whenever people like me get messed up. I occasionally falsify my mistakes and downplay myself to make others know that I am still human just like the rest of the inferior people I work with.

Then I go home in my sports car, heading to a bar with cool people, then back home with my 10 speaker theater bose system...

• Author
simplybrill

wow...you ARE a dork. Im not green with envy for my super-peppy co-worker at all. Im happy with my life, and Im glad he's a happy person, I just dont understand why some people are fake, with their happiness. Happy on the outside and grim and spiteful on the inside--Ive witnessed this jekyll and hyde-ness in person. So no, im not jealous, im just wondering why this guys' so fake.

I agree I hate the fakeness.

They think they have this image to upkeep and walk around like the world is all milkshakes and rainbows but really the milk in the shake is rotten and their rainbow is black and white.

I don't understand them.

And dork if your so cool and you have your sports car and your speaker theater bose system, and your going to the bar with your cool people then why are you wasting your cool time posting on LS?

Just curious?

littleflowerpot

my super peppy office coworker's name was stephanie and it only increased my feelings of guilt that she wasn't faking in the least and really was super peppy and friendly and helpful and made me wanna gag.

Whaddaya mean, Mr. Spock!? The Vulcans have been pooping on the pep brigade for millennia :laugh: