Adding to my, "Mean Boss," post

YellowLioness

I know I just posted something, but I forgot to add something to that.

I got this job with the company R**** through a temp agency. Half way through my trial period, I was nearly hired as a claim's processor by another, national company. However, I chose the R**** job OVER my potential claims processor job. Well, R**** chose to hire me full time, even though I had only been here like two weeks. Now, I regret my decision to stay at R****. I don't have good benefits with the temp agency, at least, compared to what I would have with the claims processing position, and I will have to wait like four more months to get benefits with the company.

The claims processing place is hiring again.

Should I change jobs?

P.s. another reason I went with the R**** job was for the experience. But, it turns out that I am bored 4 hours out of 8. lol. Not great experience. I haven't learned anythign here that I couldn't have learned at another job.

Is it a good idea to switch job this early in the game? Should I stick it out? It would be easier for me to go to night classes for grad. school with the claims job. They have a more flexible schedule, rather then this 8:30-5 stuff.

if you get the claims job, would it be yours, or do you have to go through another temp agency, and it's a limited-time job?

if it's an out and out, for-good job, I say go for it, especially if you get benefits as soon as you sign on -- you owe no loyalty to a company you don't feel will benefit from your contributions, because you're wasting their time and yours by staying someplace you hate.

and, should you land the other job, you're able to do more to advance your career later on down the line (grad school), and that's always a good thing.

just don't leave job A until you've got job B secured! and if people from the job you're at now ask why you're leaving, just kindly say you feel the other job is a better match for the goals you are pursuing, nothing more, nothing less.

• Author
YellowLioness

Well, the claims job I found on my own, ie. no temp agency.

Temp agencies are good for people looking for temp. jobs, but not for people looking for long term employment. Shoot, my temp agency and I have a contract of 6 months.

I'm looking for jobs by myself now, with out the agency. I don't want the hassel of time sheets and having to answer for my actions to two companies. Temps are in a rough spot. (I don't have anything to answer for, I'm sort of using it as a "what if" scenario)

Yeah, that's a good way to say it. THe company I work for now is pretty small. Me leaving them would cause some pretty prying questions. *shrugs*Ah well. It is none of their business. I can be firm and polite, and still leave the company. :-)

Thanks for your input, Anne. :-) It's been quite helpful!

• 4 weeks later...

take the new job...TAKE THE NEW JOB..from the last time you interviewed & were practically hired, they will most likely accept you. just tell them the job your at now ended up not being what you thought it would, and ask if they would consider you again.

The company you are working for now can call and get another temp, plus the temp agency will get more money...good for the economy..see.

you do sound kinda like you're feeling alittle bad, like you have a responsibility to commit to this company. let me remind you, that, you come first, and you only owe them your hard work while on the job.

it seems you have a better opportunities with this new job availability..go for it.

just give them your 2 weeks notice and help train your replacement.

leave on good terms whenever possible. I don't have to tell you that, i'm sure you would anyway.

• 1 month later...
  • Author
YellowLioness

Uh, this isn't a political thread. Maybe you should try to either PM me, or start a thread of your own on the greatness of Bush. Thanks!

Okay so have you contacted the place for the potential claims processor job to see if they are still willing to hire you?

If so and they are I say go for it, since in another one of your threads you mentioned being prego. You must do what's in the best interest of yourself, and now family financially and otherwise.....

I say go for it (that's my vote) ;)

Good luck!

Haha, this is an old thread. YL, glad you're happy at your current (new) job. :)

p.S. Uproot the Bush. :D

• Author
YellowLioness

LOL! Thanks, Brandy!

Yeah, I've since moved on, Barby. Thanks, though :) :) Hope you're doing well.

Thanks! I'm so retarded :rolleyes:;) I didn't even look at the date of the orginal post or the responses..guess I'll be doing that from now on...hahahha

Well glad you're happy now and yes I'm doing okay... :D