What do you think of situation?

There is this guy at my work who talks differently to me than my other coworkers. I get along with my other co workers. When he talks to my coworkers he is very friendly but to me he acts more serious and not as friendly. A few of my coworkers asked him and said he didn't have a problem with me and thought i was nice. He told them he was shy and i should take it personally. I don't understand why he would be shy with me. I'm not interested in dating him or anything. He is a little bit younger than i. It doesn't seem like he is interested cause he doesn't try to talk to me or smile at me. One day i finally asked him and he said I have never done anything. I hope i didn't make the situation worse. It hasn't help since i talked to him. When i work with him I just say hi and that is it. The worse thing is that he wants to move up in company and be one of our leaders. Can anyone give me advice on how to handle this? What do you think of situation? I cant seem to let this go.

• 4 weeks later...
melodicintention

Blow it off before you or he turn it into an issue that goes to HR. If you aren't truly interested in him, why make a big stink of it then?

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
hoping2heal

As long as he not rude to you or abusive then I don't see the problem. You can't make anyone want to be friendly with you. Maybe he feels intimidated by you somehow or maybe he just doesn't feel like he can relate to you. Either way, it sounds like he has a less cavalier relationship with you but that is really his choice. Badgering him into being cozy with you is really not going to end well and will just further distance himself from you.