I have a thing for my English professor...

I'm a college student and I find my English professor to be attractive in every way shape and form... I can't stop thinking about him and it's driving me crazy. What do I do in this situation?

Keep it to yourself. The last thing you want is for him to reject you if you profess your feelings to him. Also, a professor should not be getting involved with a student. Even if your feelings are mutual, he could get into a lot of trouble for pursuing a relationship with a student.

How about thinking about what attracts you to him and looking for those traits in others?

• Like 1
I'm a college student and I find my English professor to be attractive in every way shape and form... I can't stop thinking about him and it's driving me crazy. What do I do in this situation?

Communicate with him on an academic level. If you wish and must from not being able to help yourself, slip something subtle (very subtle) in the way of being kind (like, "loved that lecture" [please don't be that lame, I was just giving an example]) and see how he takes that.

My dad had my mother in class and she found him so attractive that she found studying for the class difficult and concentration in class equally so. After the semester, she sent Christmas cards to all her professors. My dad replied, and two years later...me.

Today's landscape is very different though from twenty-thirty years ago, so if you pursue something as this, pray excercise caution.

Wait about when the semester is over?

Is that still ilegal if she approaches him after class is completed and not have any courses with the professor?

Always wondered about that

We're forgetting the most important question:

Is the guy married - ?!

• Like 1

The consequences you would face would be minimal to the ones he'd face if it somehow came to fruition. Speaking as a teacher myself, it would be a career killer - almost without exception. And for you, it would be incredibly awkward. If he's smart he'll rebuff you, and then you've got an entire semester of uneasiness. Additionally, I'm sure he'd probably tell one of his higher-ups just to cover his bases, so it wouldn't be a completely private matter, either. I'd just forget it.

• Author
We're forgetting the most important question:

Is the guy married - ?!

No, he's not. He's discussed marriage in class and mentioned it as a side note.

• Author
Wait about when the semester is over?

Is that still ilegal if she approaches him after class is completed and not have any courses with the professor?

Always wondered about that

From my understanding it isn't. I never planned on going up to him while I'm still his student. I plan on giving him a letter at the end of the semester asking for a simple friendship if my feelings are still the same.

From my understanding it isn't. I never planned on going up to him while I'm still his student. I plan on giving him a letter at the end of the semester asking for a simple friendship if my feelings are still the same.

I think it's pretty frowned upon for professors to hang out with undergrads even if they aren't their students or are no longer their students (not frowned upon for grad students though for friendships, but yes for dating, I think). I'd say this will be the case whether or not this fraternization issue is covered in the school's policies. If you must...personally, I think writing a letter is a little forced, as I wouldn't do that with any other person I was trying to be friends with. I'd just catch up with him, chat, and suggest meeting up, and maybe exchange numbers.