Being bad mouthed at work. :(.

This lady at my work seems to have something against me. At times she can be really nice and other times. She can be a full on *****.

Sometimes she would try take over what I do. Telling me I am doing it wrong or too slow. When I was doing something and she was relieving me at my job when I was working on another project she kept going on about how much better at it then I was and how much faster she was at it then I.

She keeps telling people that I am dumb. Told one of the Supervisors just today who was looking after us that I was not good at what I do (well, pretty much along those lines and to watch out for me).

Their has been a change of process in the way we do our job roles now. We are working with new people and she is still going on about how bad I am at what I do. She was telling one of other team members how dumb I was and bad mouthed something I had done. Assuming what I did. We sign off on what we do and I was like "that is not my signature!" She still went on about me for bit longer to the guy and I was just like WTF?!!

Just don't understand this bull****. Half the time I ignore her because I just do want to do my work and don't usually give a **** what she thinks.

But if it this is going to wreck my reputation later on down the line... Then this is not cool at all.

I don't want to get anyone in trouble but I don't want to look bad also. My main Supervisor has already gotten influenced by her way of thinking and does not seem to take me seriously either. It feels like.

What makes things worse is that there is this other lady in my section also that eggs her on.

It has gotten me to the point where I feel a bit paranoid. Every little thing I do is constantly monitored and I get watched like a hawk and micro managed. Getting a bit over it.

I am in the process of looking for another job. Mainly for more pay. Will be a relief to get away from those bitchez.

In the mean time just have learnt to ignore it and bite my tongue. Waters off a duck back.

Just wonder what I can do to shut these two up.

Either fight fire with fire, or lodge an official complaint.

Advise her - or make it known - that you are going to put forward an official complaint of harassment and bullying.

If she has legitimate complaints you want to know what they are.

If necessary, go over your supervisor's head.

Log everything.

Be proactive, not a doormat.

Being a pacifist is one thing. Being a walk-over is quite different.

• Like 1

Is there any possibility that you can record their abuse ?

What does your job entail ?

What is your gender ?

Are they attractive ?; are you attractive ?

How many men in that business ?

I'm thinking that maybe they feel threatened by you.

• Author

Work in Administration. Mainly filing and scanning in an office. They both have been doing the same job for around about, fifteen, twenty years. Back in the day when it was just filing. I have been doing that job for five years, next year.

One of the girls is in their late 40's, and the other late 50's or early 60's.

I think the younger one is average looking. The older one is not attractive at all. She can even get a bit aggressive sometimes. Like not bother moving out of the way when you walk past, kick or shove the back of your chair in if she thinks you are sitting too far out (sometimes you are not). I am not the only person she has done that to though by the way. Heard she has made people cry also. Not co workers, ones who come from outside of the department! Not an approachable woman at all.

I remember two Supervisors joking in front of the older one about bullying. So they do know about it but do not do anything about it. I have been told (by another co worker) that they have tried to deal with her in the past but nothing has worked. I have heard she just ended up using a bad child hood as an excuse for her behaviour and puts on the water works when she does get told off.

Apparently they have always been like this. I just get it more because I am in the same section as they are.

I am 33 years old and still single also but do not act like they do! I have been told I am attractive. Shrugs.

I did ask the younger one if she liked the new process our new roles were undertaking (which involved scanning) she did not. I mentioned I liked it better. I wonder if that had triggered something off in her today perhaps?

But yes today is not the only time I have encountered disrespect and name calling behind my back and to other co workers unfortunately.

I do not name call back but it has caused me to become a little bit paranoid at times and quietly bitch to one or two co workers about it who agree with me about their behaviour.

Just sux that I get the brunt of it because we all work in the same section. Grr.

Edited by Kimbra

I've had people like this at nearly every job I've had. You either find a way to deal with them, you get someone in HR to deal with them, or you find another job. I am lucky to not have this drama at my current job. There must be some sort of HR person you can go to about this.

• Author

This is the first time I have encountered something like this in a work place. Everywhere else I have worked everyone has been really nice.

There are like 60 people throughout my whole department so I guess there are bound to be a couple of 'funny' ones in a big group like this.

The annoying thing is that I get along with everyone else. It is just these two ladies who are the ones who cause dramas and are winge about the smallest things.

One of my other co workers said that the older one one time even made a big deal about the radio being on another radio channel or playing to loud. Something like that. He found it quite amusing. This coming from a twenty year old. He seems more mature then they are at work.

Unfortunate I have to deal with this **** at my work. Motivation to look for a job and better myself and my wage at least.

These women won't do that. They do not like change. Hence why the younger one hates the changes going in our job role right now. They have no say over it though. You have gotta do what your Supervisor tells you to do but. At least watching their reactions to it will be pretty entertaining. As long as they do not take out **** on me.

Did not appreciate being bagged out though yesterday for things I had not even done.

Edited by Kimbra

My country is quite corrupt and has a huge bureaucracy with lots of women in it, when you described these two i actually pictured countless examples of fine womanhood i have met ... like these 2.

It would be impossible to fire them over here, because they would know a ton of dirty secrets and would have lots of social security as bureaucrats.

The fact that they haven't been fired untill now in your country shocks me.

I would say to talk to a labor lawyer and see if you can record somehow this abuse.

Sounds like that old hag has quite of history of abuse directed at co-workers.

And you should avoid interacting with them, i suspect they are jealous of you somewhat ... especially the old one.

Are they married ?

• Author

We work in Government jobs where it is harder for you to get fired. U even get 3 warning before you are fired with certain jobs in our country. So they may have one or two of those perhaps. I'm from Australia but the way.

Oh yeah they would know a fair bit about the place and they do use it to their advantage to win over new management. Knowledge about the job wise.

Ha ha one guy who used to work there that is now in a different department still remembered the older one from when he worked there. He asked me if she was still there and I was like yes. Is she still the same? Yes. Then he was like once I knew she was like that with everyone I was fine with her. That surprised me but confirmed to me that yes that has been going on for years even before my time there.

Yes. I am surprised they get away with certain things as well. The personality stinks but I guess cause of their experience and they are good at what they do helps them get away with it. Shrugs.

No both these ladies are not married.

Edited by Kimbra

No both these ladies are not married.

There's a shock.

Keep that in mind if these spinsters try to put you down again ... don't say anything but take solace in the fact that men would rather lie with a dead horse in the matrimonial bed than with them.

It's probably why the old bat is worse than the younger future bat.

Look up pepperpot on youtube, have fun. :p