new business blues

for those of you who started your own business or those of you who date[d] someone who did, how did you deal with the initial loneliness of transitioning from working in a large office setting to working by yourself, alone?

not long ago, my BF left his office job to start his own business. he is extremely intelligent and hard-working, so i have no doubt that he will succeed, but, currently, he has been feeling a little down due to lack of interaction. essentially, he went from a tight-night office environment to working alone in an office, and he misses his co-workers.

i have been trying to be extra encouraging, and i am also organizing a lunch for him and some of his old-coworkers for next week, but i do not feel this is enough . . .

i know there are many LSers who started their own businesses, so--how did you cope with this initial loneliness, if you experienced it? what made it better for you? what made it worse? if it was your partner who experienced it, what did you do to help?

input would be so greatly appreciated! :bunny:

Not what you are wanting to hear, but when my part-time business developed into to a full-time business, loneliness was not a problem. A good deal of my business involves meeting with my clients and providing service in their place of business. I actually look forward to my alone time in my office and while driving to the job sites.

But, when I get business office fever and need to get away for a while,

1. Meet other self-employed people for coffee or lunch. A good chance to complain about suppliers, customers and employees.

2. Join a service club. I reccommend the Lions, the largest charitable organizaion in the world. Lunch meetings are held to a strict time frame so everyone can get back to the office in a timely manner. You also get a chance to meet others in businesss and that helps grow the business.