Being kind got me a job!

After a few months of job hunting and about 20 interviews, I finally got a job and I think it was partially because I helped someone. I was on my way to an interview and just exited the freeway when I saw a guy on the safe lane during rush hour, pushing his car to a nearby gas station. There was a lot of traffic and nobody helped him and I figured I had some time, so I parked my car in the safe lane, ran up to the guy and helped him pushed his car to the gas station. The push was about half a block and it was actually tiring, but I felt good afterwards. Turns out he ran outta gas. He thanked me and off I went.

Arrived at the interview 10 minutes late, met the hiring manager and apologized for being late, but he didn't say anything. He just smiled and proceeded with the interview. I figured we're already off on the wrong foot because being late on a job interview isn't a good first impression at all. However, I think I did fairly well in the interview. But what sealed the deal was when he said I know why you were late. I saw you pushing a car when I was sitting in traffic. Any person like that can work for me any time. When can you start? I said ASAP. And he said okay... I'll see you Monday, Oct 15. True story and it happened today. :)

• Like 14
After a few months of job hunting and about 20 interviews, I finally got a job and I think it was partially because I helped someone. I was on my way to an interview and just exited the freeway when I saw a guy on the safe lane during rush hour, pushing his car to a nearby gas station. There was a lot of traffic and nobody helped him and I figured I had some time, so I parked my car in the safe lane, ran up to the guy and helped him pushed his car to the gas station. The push was about half a block and it was actually tiring, but I felt good afterwards. Turns out he ran outta gas. He thanked me and off I went.

Arrived at the interview 10 minutes late, met the hiring manager and apologized for being late, but he didn't say anything. He just smiled and proceeded with the interview. I figured we're already off on the wrong foot because being late on a job interview isn't a good first impression at all. However, I think I did fairly well in the interview. But what sealed the deal was when he said I know why you were late. I saw you pushing a car when I was sitting in traffic. Any person like that can work for me any time. When can you start? I said ASAP. And he said okay... I'll see you Monday, Oct 15. True story and it happened today. :)

That's the most awesome employment story I've ever heard. Thanks for sharing and kudos to you!

Just goes to show kindness reaps great benefits sometimes. :)

Thanks for sharing~ MADE MY DAY! ;)

Nice to know that there are still some good people (and I think there really are more good ones than the bad ones) in the world.