Roommate trying to give me four days notice

Hey,

I'm not sure where to put this post but if there's a more appropriate category let me know.

I've been living an an apartment for four and a half months without a lease. My roommate gave me four days notice to move out as well as threatened to not return deposit and physically remove my belongings. I have proof of all payments made to her since my move in as well as mail with my name and address. What are my rights?

I live in NY state.

Without a signed lease, you have no rights.

Get your stuff out before it gets stolen.

• Author

So far I've spoken to two attorneys and the local precinct, all of them say I must be given 30 days if I've occupied the apt for over 30 days and there is proof of accepted payment and residency.

TenantNet - Illegal Evictions; Police Policy 117-11

Can my roommate and or landlord kick me out without any notice? Connecticut Landlord / Tenant

Illegal Evictions / Illegal Lockouts | Metropolitan Council on Housing

Apparently if she takes my belongings out of the apartment I can call the local precinct. If she refuses reentry or if any of my belongings are damaged or lost I can sue her for illegal eviction and charge her for the items. I just emailed our landlord to see what he can do. Ugh. I've never been in such a sh**ty/dire situation.

Edited by Littley
whichwayisup
Hey,

I'm not sure where to put this post but if there's a more appropriate category let me know.

I've been living an an apartment for four and a half months without a lease. My roommate gave me four days notice to move out as well as threatened to not return deposit and physically remove my belongings. I have proof of all payments made to her since my move in as well as mail with my name and address. What are my rights?

I live in NY state.

Can I ask why she's kicking you out after four and a half months? Did something bad happen? Just odd that she wants you out in four days.

Pack up your valuables and get stuff out of the apt asap before she steals something or throws it out. Put your stuff at a friends house or at your family's place.