Did my coworker just ask me out?

So, I was at a work-related happy hour for relatively new employees. I didn't know anyone there and ended up talking to this guy for a while. I wouldn't say we hit it off but he was nice to me who didn't know anyone. At the end of the event, he said we should hang out sometime and we exchanged numbers. I honestly didn't think anything of it. Dating/flirting/etc doesn't even cross my mind when I'm at work-related things. Anyway, since then he's texted and called a couple times asking me to dinner and I'm starting to get the impression he thinks this is a date. My question is a) do you think he's asking me out? Normally, I'd say when a guy asks you to dinner its a date but since he's kind of a coworker, I don't know if I'm reading the situation wrong b) if he is asking me out, how do I turn him down nicely? I am 100 percent not attracted to him and don't want to give him the wrong idea but I don't know how I got into this situation in the first place! Any advice would be appreciated

Oh yes, that's definitely a date. Just text him and let him know that you really value your new job and don't want to mess things up by dating a coworker.

-A