signs of attraction in the workplace,what are they?

definately looking, the more looking the more attraction. Sometimes you can feel it when you are close together. Thinking about the person when he or she is not there.

• 3 weeks later...

The man will be pretty direct. Ask you out to happy hours, ask you out in general. Then it might proceed to dirty texts. Then it might proceed to sex. After that, it could develop into a relationship, or just end at that.

The man will be pretty direct. Ask you out to happy hours, ask you out in general. Then it might proceed to dirty texts. Then it might proceed to sex. After that, it could develop into a relationship, or just end at that.

Not all men will be direct. I wouldn't make a move on a girl at work (asking her out) unless it seems obvious shes interested. Ie she is always hanging around me and we are chatting a lot. I wouldn't want to embarass myself.

To the OP How can you tell if shes attracted to you? Well thats a good question and it varies so much between people to people and sitation to situation and workplace to workplace.

Its a lot easier to work this out if you work with the person on a regular basis or have to deal with them most days. If the person you are wondering about works in another office or dept, and you only see them going in and out of the building then its a lot harder to know what is going on with them.

Edited by dancehead

Dirty texts are a sign of male attraction? Ohmigod! Well, I've turned down a lot of attracted males then on the grounds that they are just plain crude or only interested in sex. Strangely enough, I'm not at all sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting topic, and something i'm experiencing right now.

There's this new (very attractive) girl who works in reception at the office i work in, who seems aloof towards me whenever someone is around, but when we're alone she suddenly changes and becomes friendly, smiling and talks to me in a lower, sexy voice. With everyone else she talks with a slightly nervous higher pitched 'girly' voice and quite giggly. Her behaviour is like chalk and cheese - if we're both first in the office she seems more than pleased to see me and clearly enjoys our chat, but if anyone else is there she can barely mutter a "hi" or even look at me....lol. She's never like this with other coworkers.

I'm especially interested in girls' opinions on this... does she maybe have feelings for me and wants to hide this from the other coworkers? (she's quite shy, younger AND only 3 weeks into the job)

Then again, maybe I'm totally wrong here and reading too much into it.... Either way, maybe need to keep some distance between us... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Subtile hints go a long way!

For me they've gone both ways past and present. I drop one or they do and both ways have always been picked up right away and turned into accelerated sexual interest that doesn't go unsatisfied for very long. Say a day or two. I've had some unbelievable experiences. I'm in one right now. We both admit and can't figure out what it was but we both knew right away the first time we met something was there. This girl has never dipped her pen in company ink. in the 18 years she's been in her profession until me. She's been at this job 7 years and many men have tried with her and failed most still working here. I've been here 2 months and was in the door with her right away but the first outside meeting experience along with sex that same night only happened a month and a half after my start date.

Recommendation... Throw slight clues. It makes you irresistibly intriguing and reels them in.

If you talk to him and he moistens his lips a lot that can also be a sign.

When i was 19 i was working at a store called the jean scene in the uk. My manager was gorgeous, i couldn't help but stare at him and wish he was mine.. lol. Occasionally it was just the two of us opening up and closing the store and sometimes i noticed he would talk to me in a flirty voice or give me a friendly nudge, i knew he was interested.

I knew it would lead to no more than just a bit of fun because of work ethics, but one morning we got it on and yeah.. lets just say it was awesome. Unfortunately it didn't amount to anything but just look out for the signs..