Can't stand people that I work with

They are backstabbing, gossiping people who have no idea about unity or the like. Everyone is always bitching about everyone else. And speaking to them has become a chore. I only speak to them if i have to and if its about work - otherwise i have no interest in their lives whatsoever. What makes it worse is that i actually liked them once.

There is a particular female collueague that i work with who betrayed my trust, i confronted her and she denied it, after that it went downhill. The fact that she copies me really really annoyes me and no i cannot take it as a compliment. She dresses like me, speaks like me, uses the phrases that i use, the list goes on. Everything she does now bugs me, her voice, her manner, just her very presence, it grates on my very soul. Now, this makes work not a very nice place to be.

There was also an argument with the team leader after he started nit picking (all of a sudden) on the way i sign for things (i.e. work done). THEN he makes a mistake and tries to blame me. We have another argument the next day when i asked him how long he would be away from his desk because i wanted to go get lunch and he answered by saying work comes first...all he had to do was give me a time. Right now there is tension between me and 'single white female' and me and the team leader. They should not be having this affect on me, i don;t care abotu them i don;t want them to know about my life etc

I don't want to talk to them about 'how i feel' or the effect they are having on me, what i want to do is sort this out by changing my point of view of the whole thing...how do i not let them bug me so much...how do i just let everything they do or say have a teflon affect on me. I don't want to be feeling the way i do. It may have to do with how i view myself, my self esteem etc - how do i sort this out?

Thanks

I hate that about work. I hate politics and pettiness and I've encountered them too often. I had planned to be a prof but I met too many who hated the 'politics' of academe. Can't stomach that stuff. It's soul-destroying.

If you can make yourself, you just have to suck it up. Too often, that's what you'll find at work and, unless you're in a senior position, you can't afford to stand apart or get into conflicts. If you can't hack it, better become a taxi driver or find a job where you won't have to interact with too many workmates. Translation is a nice, isolated job.

Thanks

I am looking for another job but in the meantime i need to find some sort of way of not letting them bother me so. I think this might be verging on getting my confidence and self-esteem up to scratch. They mean nothing to me and i don;t want to be thinking about them when outside work. they are on my mind - not a constant thing but i'm not free of them - thats what i want - to be free of them, as if theres some sort of force field around me, protecting me from their toxicity. It would be great if they didn't bother me at all. am i making sense? maybe i have low tolerance levels which i am not sorry for - it means that i only interact with people that i like. The main thing that bugs me tho is that b***h is trying to be like me. and i can say this cos 2 other people have noticed this too