How to handle this situation with a married man in office

Hi All,

I am a single lady facing this issue with a married man who happens to be my boss. Most of his gestures show he is interested in me. But when it comes to meetings or recognitions I am ignored or not given any importance. Initially, I didnt understand his intentions and tried to become cordial with him and wanted to work out on the differences. But my friendliness has resulted in him becoming very possessive with me. I am very cordial with guys and dont have any inhibitions or hesitations while interacting with them. He shows some gestures and indirect reactions when I interact with any male colleague in my team. This is also followed by indirect insults. Not to mention he also tried to cut me off from my female close friend from another team showing possessiveness by calling me up repeatedly whenever he finds me interacting with her. I have tried to keep distance from him only to find that I am insulted more. The other day, we had a 1:1 meeting and surprisingly he mentioned that he is a very contended man and doesn't waste time worrying about stuffs like others. Well, if he is really contended, then why does he resort to such cheap acts.

I am not scared of this man but i am trying to maintain a dignified professional distance as I dont want to spoil my career as well as my reputation. But this is really getting difficult day by day.