Looking for good solution in this situation

My son works in a different state and comes to visit me each summer. He knows a couple for many years due to work relationship with one of them (call it "A"), who, however, is hostile to him, for reasons he can't figure out. But the spouse ("B") is very kind to him. Now B told my son that they would like to come to our city for vacation in the summer and express the wish to stay in our home to save hotel cost, also hope our son to schedule his vacation at the same time so that he can show them around. My son felt difficult to refuse B, so he said sure, just let us know when you are coming. But we really have difficulty in housing a couple in our very small apartment, and we have also a 93 year old at home with poor health, so any disturbance is not good. To top this, my son has told me throughout the years how hostile A has been to him for unexplained reasons, and even done damage to his career. Neither he nor I feel like helping A with this vacation plan, even though we would welcome B any time. Besides, my son would not be free to schedule his own vacation.

Is there a good way for my son to withdraw the offer? It's tricky as A still has impact on his career.

Should he explain the difficulties now, or later lie to them that he's not going home for vacation for some reason?

Advice will be appreciated. The thing is he doesn't want to offend A so that he will do more damage to his career.

I know a couple very well, for years. One of them is very kind and friendly to me, while the other is hostile and yet works in the same place as me and has higher position that can affect my career (it happens!). Now they want to go to my hometown (a tourist attraction) and hope to stay in my home to save expensive hotel cost and hope I will schedule my annual vacation to go to my hometown at the same time as their yet-to-be-determined travel date so that you can show them around (it is difficult for them to go around alone there). In

I'm confused by the fact that you have two scenarios in your post?

Which one is the real one that you need advice on?