Christmas bonus?

What is proper etiquette for thanking management at your company for a Christmas bonus? I've been really fortunate this year to receive one. The place I work for has me in close contact with all of the superiors regularly. Should I go and thank them individually, or is a thank you card or email best? I've read conflicting things on the interwebs and was wondering what the LS gurus have to say.

From the way my manager described it, I was fortunate to receive the amount I did. I am new at the company and just out of college, so it is significant by their standards. Knowing his personality, he's not feeding me a line either.

What is proper etiquette for thanking management at your company for a Christmas bonus? I've been really fortunate this year to receive one. The place I work for has me in close contact with all of the superiors regularly. Should I go and thank them individually, or is a thank you card or email best? I've read conflicting things on the interwebs and was wondering what the LS gurus have to say.

From the way my manager described it, I was fortunate to receive the amount I did. I am new at the company and just out of college, so it is significant by their standards. Knowing his personality, he's not feeding me a line either.

I can only speak for myself, and how I run my division, but an in person thank you is always appreciated and might give you additional time in my office - if i'm not buried under work - for me to point out why I feel you did such a great job as to receive a large bonus. I absolutely enjoy meeting people who are going above and beyond to make our business stronger, and more successful. Those are the people I DO NOT want to lose from the company!

It's nice to receive a handshake and personal thank you. Just do this to your direct manager and not all the powers that be. It's your immediate manager who will have twisted arms and legs, if you're not entitled due to time clocked off.

in a corporate setting you're not required to "thank" anyone for gifts or bonuses, et al. these were given to you for a job well done. you may mention it in passing to your immediate supervisor but thats about it. but you don't even have to do that.

you could say something to your boss like "thank you very much for the holiday bonus, i really appreciate it"....and leave it at that.

I actually hugged my CEO to thank him for the bonus. I went into his office the following day and told him I was overwhelmed by the company gesture, wished him a merry x-mas and hugged him. I feel like we are a sport's team sometimes though- I did a store opening a couple weeks ago and we almost doubled expectations. When the figures came in he gave me a hug with the back slap.

A lot of hugging happens at our head office.

• Author

Thanks everybody for the replies. He gave me the check in person and told me the circumstances, and I thanked him then, so I think that should be sufficient it sounds like.

Thanks everybody for the replies. He gave me the check in person and told me the circumstances, and I thanked him then, so I think that should be sufficient it sounds like.

Excellent. This is one of those rare cases where an issue on LS has officially been solved. Case Closed :p:)