Genuine interest or just a crush?

I started a new job about two months ago and there is a woman about half my age who has acted very friendly towards me. Shes called me "honey", but then, she call most of her co-workers that. She has give me her sweetest smile and bedroom eyes gaze. The only two clinchers that are missing is that (1. She has never touched me and (2. She has never asked anything about me. Is she just flirting with me or what?

There is another woman who is older than she is who not only looks at me and smiles at me every chance she has, but she touches me and asks personal questions about me. She seems to show genuine interest.

This is driving me nuts. These two women are very attractive, and I would like to get to know one of them. Even at my age, women still confuse me! What should I do?

I started a new job about two months ago and there is a woman about half my age who has acted very friendly towards me. Shes called me "honey", but then, she call most of her co-workers that. She has give me her sweetest smile and bedroom eyes gaze. The only two clinchers that are missing is that (1. She has never touched me and (2. She has never asked anything about me. Is she just flirting with me or what?

There is another woman who is older than she is who not only looks at me and smiles at me every chance she has, but she touches me and asks personal questions about me. She seems to show genuine interest.

This is driving me nuts. These two women are very attractive, and I would like to get to know one of them. Even at my age, women still confuse me! What should I do?

Nobody can tell you what you should do. I can only guess. I think the younger one just flirts with everyone and isn't to be taken seriously. The older one actually shouldn't be touching on you in a business or job settting because it can be considered sexual harassment and is inappropriate. However, the only way to find out is to ask her if she wants to go have a cup of coffee or ask if she would like to go to lunch with you and see what her response is. If she says no, then you have your answer so drop it. If she says yes, take it from there one step at a time.

• Author
Nobody can tell you what you should do. I can only guess. I think the younger one just flirts with everyone and isn't to be taken seriously. The older one actually shouldn't be touching on you in a business or job settting because it can be considered sexual harassment and is inappropriate. However, the only way to find out is to ask her if she wants to go have a cup of coffee or ask if she would like to go to lunch with you and see what her response is. If she says no, then you have your answer so drop it. If she says yes, take it from there one step at a time.

That's good advice, but she touched me on the arm only once, and it wouldn't be rational to consider that sexual harrasment. A real man doesn't do that unless the woman in question touched his privates. I think you're right about the older one.....if she doesn't want to at least go for coffee, then I'll just drop it.

• Author
Cynical answer: Tag team mind f*cking :)

However, it's easy to not be confused. Ask out the woman you would like to date.

You could be right about the tag team mind f*cking thing, but I'll just take it one day at a time, be James Bond cool and focus on my work and be nice to them. As I said in another post, if these women are interested enough in me, they'll either accept a coffee date or give me their phone numbers. It's happened before. Nothing to lose, right? Just let nature take it's course.

Edited by Glenguy
  • Author

Actually, I wouldn't accuse the younger on of being flirty, and she doesn't go around flirting with other guys at the job. She just has a sweet way with me that steals my heart! :love:

How old are you ?

How old is woman A ?

How old is woman B ?

It seems they are both attracted to you.

I get this Graduate scenario if you are hot and young and they are older women......which is it ? :)

like, when you say "half my age".. i think for me that would change the dynamic here a bit.. really, if you're fifty, and the young one is 25, uh.. but then, what the hell do i know, ive never been fifty before.. :laugh:

so, also, reading this i think if you had to choose, the one closer to your age that seems to be giving direct signals would be the obvious choice. :)

It sure does change the dynamics...

I mean if he is 50 years old and these girls are 20 something hot secretaries.....

Actually, I wouldn't accuse the younger on of being flirty, and she doesn't go around flirting with other guys at the job. She just has a sweet way with me that steals my heart! :love:

Let me be blunt. You make two comments about your age, one saying she is half your age, and another about when you get to be your age.

The majority of younger girls are not... I repeat NOT flattered when some older man turns his head to gawk at us, whistle at us, or check us out. IT IS CREEPY NOT FLATTERING! It feels like you are being checked out by a perverted old man and makes you feel very uncomfortable. So, unless you are rich, famous, or have six pack abs, or can give the younger girl a promotion so she is sucking up to you...it is highly unlikely she wants you. Sorry.

• Author
Let me be blunt. You make two comments about your age, one saying she is half your age, and another about when you get to be your age.

The majority of younger girls are not... I repeat NOT flattered when some older man turns his head to gawk at us, whistle at us, or check us out. IT IS CREEPY NOT FLATTERING! It feels like you are being checked out by a perverted old man and makes you feel very uncomfortable. So, unless you are rich, famous, or have six pack abs, or can give the younger girl a promotion so she is sucking up to you...it is highly unlikely she wants you. Sorry.

lol, ok, I'll fess up. I'm 47, but I'm not ashamed of it. I'm also not ashamed of having feelings for women, even if they are a bit younger, as long as I keep a sense of dignity and control. And just for the record, Sadgati, just because I'm an older man who appreciates young women, that does NOT make me a pervert. I don't go around leering, gawking, and whistling at young ladies like an idiot. I have more wisdom and dignity than that. It sort of sounds like you're insinuating that I do those things. You people can think whatever you want about me, but that won't keep me from being young at heart and enjoying life.

• Author

BTW, the older woman is probably in her early to mid 30's. She's the one I would most likely ask out.

• Author

And one more thing Sadgati, I know how to treat women, including the younger ones, and they love me for it. A lot of younger men seem to buy into this BS that in order to be successful with women, they need to be a total a**hole. They just need to grow up!, and so do the women who fall for them. You say that you don't like older men to turn their heads to gawk at you, whistle at you, check you out, or whatever, but what makes you so sure that I would do that with you if I saw you?

And if my success with younger women depends on six pack abs, a promotion, success and money instead of intelligence and a loving attitude, then maybe I am better off with an older, more mature and intelligent woman who is appreciative of what I have to offer.

Edited by Glenguy
  • Author

And how come women who go for younger guys are deemed as "cougers", whereas older men who go for younger women are deemed as perverts? That's a bit unfair, isn't it?

Edited by Glenguy

Go for the younger one. She seems more your type.;)

And how come women who go for younger guys are deemed as "cougers", whereas older men who go for younger women are deemed as perverts? That's a bit unfair, isn't it?

I don' t know why they call older women cougars. Most of the time it is the younger man who hits on the older woman and that's how they end up together. Simply because an older woman gives a young man a shot at her she is called a cougar. Older men wish they had it that easy.

• Author
Go for the younger one. She seems more your type.;)

I like that advice....I believe she is more my type. Only problem is that she seems rather distant lately, but on the other hand, she's a cocktail waitress, and it is a busy time of year.

I like that advice....I believe she is more my type. Only problem is that she seems rather distant lately, but on the other hand, she's a cocktail waitress, and it is a busy time of year.

If you have pretty cocktail waitresses after you then its likely you are a good looking man...

• Author
If you have pretty cocktail waitresses after you then its likely you are a good looking man...

I don't hear that anymore, but I did when I was a younger man. Maybe I still have something left over.

Edited by Glenguy
  • Author

I just found out today that she's already taken. Oh well, she was a bit young, anyway. At least she helped restore my self esteem.