I quit my job! YAY!!!! FREEDOM!!!!!

HokeyReligions

I found a new job. I start on July 13th. I gave a 2-week notice to my manager. She got in a snit and called me on Thursday (yesterday) and told me to leave now. Ok. No big deal. I expected it - others have been done the same way. Except that I hate it for the two people who I was training to do my work after I was gone next week! We were planning on working this weekend to get the remaining special projects done and train fully. Of course, the department manager doesn't give a poop about that.

Since she accepted by original resignation she had to pay me for next week too - so I get a weeks paid vacation on top of paying me for my unused vacation which was 85 hours. So I get a check for 125 hours above my final two week pay. Smell that rose baby!

What a beotch that woman is. The company has lost about 15% of its workforce because it's losing contracts and clients under the new management. It's also losing good people - even in this economy! I actually had two job offers when I selected one and quit. Plus - I got a call on Wednesday from another place I applied (I really want to work for them) and they were asking for my demob date because they want to talk to me in October. I am going to keep that option open and see how this new job goes.

In spite of that twisted weirdo that was my manager - I got great references from the people I actucally work with! Now I'm just holding my breath hoping that the witch doesn't try to sabotage my new job since I don't start until the 13th. If she does then I won't even get unemployment - but boy will I ever put up a fight!

She made a point (and HR backed her) in saying I was NOT fired -- which actually I was since she had accepted my resignation and then decided to terminate my employment a week early. And by telephone. She even had IT close my computer remotely -- while I was in the middle of working and with no advance notice. If that's not fired - what is? :) I'm just so happy to get away from this place. I was there for 4 years and watched new management run the place into the ground. The company's name is mud in the industry now - especially when it lost all it contracts with the big oil company that was this one's backbone.

I have a week paid vacation! OH! And my new job Pays More and has better benefits -- its a larger company with a good reputation!!!! :) :) :)

westernxer

Way to go. I remember you referencing this job from hell in the past. Glad you found something better, and glad you were able to endure this for so long without losing your mind.

Congrats, Hokey. I'm not familiar with the background on your job, I am so happy you are yet another one who is able to move on and get out of a bad work situation. Yes, even in this economy. Good for you!

Your Independence Day came one day earlier. ;)

Enjoy your few weeks off.