Just got accepted to Grad School... again.

In Decemeber, my workplace was taken over by a competing mental health agency. Since I had reached the point where going to work was likened to banging my head against the wall repeatedly, I decided to take the voluntary layoff. I could not work one more freaking day in mental health... it is NOT where I belong. My gf was very supportive and actually encouraged me to take the layoff if I wasn't happy and to take time to find my calling, without the pressures of having to do the daily grind and be miserable. Needless to say, going from working two fulltime jobs for almost two years to being completely unemployed in a matter of three months was a bit of a system shock, but I learned to enjoy it :p

So, after a couple of weeks I came to grips with what I wanted to do with my life. After 4 months of testing, applying, writing, and all of the other fun stuff, I just got my acceptance letter from my Alma Mater to attend the Ph.D. program in Educational Measurement in the fall.

So yeah... five years after failing out of grad school the first time I'm prepared to give it a go again. For real. My gf has been great through all of this and I can't believe the support she has provided. She's even going to move across the country with me to do this. What a girl!

Just had to get it out. It was exciting stuff and I wanted to share. As they say... never stop following your dreams, hmm? Is that cheezy enough?

Star Gazer

Good for you, Krytie! So you're leaving the west coast, eh?

BTW, what is "Educational Measurement"?

Trialbyfire

Congratulations Krytie! I think it's wonderful that you're finally taking the plunge. It's also good to hear that you've found someone who's worth being with.

• Author
Good for you, Krytie! So you're leaving the west coast, eh?

BTW, what is "Educational Measurement"?

Yep, back to the midwest. Actually, more specifically it's Evaluation and Research, which is essentially measuring learning and evaluating school curriculum for effectiveness. That kind of stuff.

And thanks to both of you. Nice to get back on the horse.

Citizen Erased

Congrats Krytie! It's good you know what you want to do, props to you for going for it. :)

Star Gazer

That sounds fascinating, Krytie! And yay for you for finding someone who wants to take the journey with you! Thinking of taking the plunge again?? ;)

• Author

Would you believe I am? I am just reminded of a quote that I think was part of Art Critic's siggy: "Someday, someone will come along that will show you why it never worked out with anyone else." I have never experienced anything like this before and cannot imagine my life without her. When I want to feel bad for living on unemployment benefits and dragging her halfway across the country, she wants to tell me how proud she is of me and how she has no doubts that I will do an awesome job, and that she can't wait to experience it with me.

Pretty neat huh?:love:

Star Gazer

Yes, that's pretty effing neat!!! :bunny::love: Isn't it amazing to find such a special person that you can't imagine being without?? :love:

You deserve every happiness, Krytie. :)