What would you do?

I recently started a new job. I made it clear during my interview that I didn't want to take on a full time position right now, and then made a point of bringing it up again during a second interview thing. We came to an agreement to just how many hours I would be there (25) and that in the future I may change my mind and want to go full time.

It just so happens that I started today and a whole bunch of stuff seems to be happening where they need a little more help, so I let her know that I can be around a little more this week. I came home tonight to find that I have been scheduled for 40 hours this week.

Now part of me can see that I did stepright into that by volunteering to help out a little more, but the other part of me is kinda worried that I just started and the moment I gave an inch they took a mile.

My husband says I shouldn't bring this up with them until I see what happens next week when things calm down, and I agree with him...

In the end I guess I am asking is should I be concerned? Am I slightly overreacting? Should I bring this up sooner? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...