Well this situation isnt as exact as the title says. I started a new temp job today, and the instant I set my eyes on one of my co-workers...I just knew I had to ask her out. Besides it has been awhile since I met someone whom I am genuinely interested in - but the worst part about this is this is a co-worker.

So far the work atmosphere is overall friendly and laid- back. I was able to compliment on her shoes but thats as far as i went. Currently Im keeping things professional, I have no reason to creep her out .or come on strong (or make come ons at all) or make my job a living hell even if it is temporary.

Her office is next to my supervisor's which is next to me. and her office is surrounded by other offices. In the afternoon, my supervisor was in a meeting and she came by to check to see if i was ok or if needed help with anything. Maybe its just common for people in that atmoshphere to be friendly (as opposed to the other places i've worked).

Anyway likely ill be there for a couple weeks. I was hoping to build rapport over the course of 2 weeks, and if the timing is right ask her out to coffee before my assignment ends.

advice would be appreciated...

whichwayisup

Don't make any moves on her until you leave your temp job. Flirt, smile and have coffee with her, but do not ask her out on a date until you leave.

Also, you don't know if she is married, or has a boyfriend.

Art_Critic

If you are going to go there then you must listen to her signals.. unless you get a full on green light from her then I would back off..

I would tread lightly..

But..... my advice is to not go there...

The workplace isn't place to pickup on women.. and on the first day there of all things..

She is there to work and earn her living so she can pay her bills and not there to be hit on..

There certainly isn't a reason to show any disregard for her and her workplace by hitting on her while you are temping there...

amaysngrace

I think you got good advice which is a beautiful thing because all I could come up with is at least you'll look forward to going to work! :D

• Author

I have no right to dismiss my own nor her professionalism in the workplace..as I live by the dont sh#t where you eat policy. Altho this is temp, there is always potential for me to be reassigned here again in the future.

Well, all i have to say is she looks smashing today...hell I would be almost shocked if she wasnt taken. the worst thing I can say about co-worker relationships is you never know what the other is thinking. Guess ill have to roll with it and see how this goes