Am I temp or temp-to-perm?

I started coming in consistently at this new place last thursday.

However it isnt my first time working there, as I've temped there for a few days every now and then when they had tight deadlines.

My contact said it would be long-term and they had a new project going on. but she didnt go into details about it. But what was strange was that she mentioned I would be overseeing other temps and assigning jobs, etc. (in my field, im/we're called freelancers). I've never been in that kind of position before and didnt realize a temp could have such a task as overseeing others.

Last week I was sitting at the desk I normally sit at when i would come in for a day or 2 every so often in the past. Today he put me at a new desk (around where the (semi)head honchos are, and he's there too.) Before I left today he double checked with me, making sure I had all the proper computer equipment.

Aside from that, this morning there is a guy who sits near my supervisor. I overheard him asking him (or someone else), something about a new hire by the name of (my name) sitting at a new desk (this guy is literally a couple cubicles behind me). Im sitting there thinking, what are the odds they hired someone new with my name, unless he's referring to me?

I've never formally introduced myself to the guy (so he doesnt know my name), so im thinking one of the heads on the floor must've said something.

What's strange is that these past 3 days I barely have had any work to do there, so its possible we're just awaiting for the project to come handed to us when they're ready.

However, I was temping at a place a few weeks ago and I met someone from my agency - he said he had temped (at the place im at now) for 3-4 months a month ago, he could be lying but who knows. Although I never asked him why he left, I just assummed he completed his assignment.