How do I handle this?

napoleandynamite

I went on another interview last week with another company. The interview went well (I believe and a thank you letter was sent to the potential employer). The interview alone was not challenging. The employer was nice and seemed to be a good boss, but it was the type of interview where she did not ask me too many questions, other than the usual stuff (i.e. tell me about yourself, background, and what your interests are). She informed me about the company, would my job would be like, how she is as a boss, everything. The interview was left as "[she] will contact me Friday or possibly early next week and let me know what is going on."

Friday came and went...no call.

Now that it's Monday, I'm wondering, should I bother to call her and just inquire about the status of the first interview? If I do call her, should I wait until tomorrow at least...being she said "possibly early next week" and it's only Monday morning.

ONE OTHER QUESTION...PERHAPS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE FIRST IF I GET AN OFFER (counting my chickens here, but it never hurts to know what your going to do if such a situation arises!)

During the interview, she asked if I "could be more flexible with the salary requirements". Although my requirements are not high to begin with (30-33K-in NY) I told her the lowest I'm willing to go is 29K. She seemed ok with that. After I went home and re-thought about what I said, I kind of regreted telling her that, because that salary is not enough for me to live on, even 30/31K is pushing it!

Here's the question....

Now what if I do get a job offer and they tell me the salary is 29K...I don't want to be stuck with this salary for the next year or two. Nor do I want to be looking for another job in two months because this salary is not cutting it. Is there a way I can negotiate the salary to be a little bit higher when and if an offer is provided to me (without creating a bad first impression as an employee)?

Not trying to be negative but it sounds like you guys aren't going to be a fit.. It also sounds like she already knew this before she gave the interview and that is why she did the 10 cent interview instead to the dollar one.

I'm not saying that she won't call and set up a second one but if you place the Salary Requirement comment in with the 10 cent interview it doesn't sound good.

If you can't do 29k and that is all they offer then you need to look elsewhere as you already agreed to 29k.. in fact you are the one that came up with the number.

Look else where and whatever you do don't take a position where you know the money is too low. I did that with my first job out of college bc I really needed a job so I asked for very little..which is why they probably hired me lol.