Passed over for promotion once again..

I'm at a job I hate..and a dead end one. I've been outta college for 2 years and took this bc it was the only one offered for me. I'm basically the office goefer aka office assistant at a law firm and from day one people asked me don't u think your overqualified for this job especially since I have a degree. Anyway my boss told me when he hired me that they like to promote from within but I'd have to be there at least a year..low and behold I'm there a year and a half. During my annual review he started knit picking saying I scared him once bc I asked how many copies he needed and I should have known the first time then went on to say how I need to be walking around going from office to office asking who needs help...while his assistant sits on her ass all day on the internet or the rest of the staff who spend 90% of the day gossiping and spreading rumors.

So I tried that and got weird faces from the attorneys and them just telling me there's nothing to be done. So 4 times already there have been open paralegal positions and each time I got passed up. My boss told me he considered me but for whatever reasons deciding against it. I know..as well as he that I am capable of doing the work. So 2 times he's hired outside people all who quit within months. I know the real reason is office politics and 2 women attorneys who never speak to me except when they need something done prob have had a say in me not being promoted. The real kicked is a girl who worked there 2 months was promoted to paralegal bc she became friends with one attorneys and basically kisses her ass and follows her around like a puppy dog. Once again a paralegal is leaving and the day she gave her resignation my boss said he was putting an add in the paper.

I know I will never get promoted in this place for whatever inside reasons and am starting grad school next month anyway so have decided after the holidays to put in my resignation letter. I get no respect, actual work (not making copies), have realized that to get ahead in my office u need to suck ass and be phony and see no reason in vegetating at this job and looking like a schmuck to boot. Am I doing the right thing?