Vanity [the entertainer] and Jesus

BetheButterfly

I just found this YouTube and wanted to share it. :love:

"Evangelist Denise Matthews (Vanity)..."

While she died around 2 months ago, it is obvious that faith is very important to her.

What do you believe concerning her faith? Does she inspire you? I don't believe she was; I believe she still is, though in a different "realm" at the moment.

Denise Matthews definitely inspires me, and I believe I will see her someday in Heaven :love: though I never have met her or even knew about her till today.

No comment about her faith really but it saddens me she was apparently swept into a lifestyle of drug abuse as a result of her life in the entertainment industry (which I think affected her health and probably her lifespan). I'm glad she was able to get out of it tho and find sth that gave her happiness.

• Like 1

I was just thinking about her after hearing that Prince had died. Funny that they died so close together. I saw an interview with her some years back and she said she regrets her youth and the mistakes she made but was so happy to have found Jesus and turned her life around. May she and Prince both rest in peace.

• Like 2

May I preface with this, I mean no disrespect for this ladys' passion.

Yet I find it a bit Odd telling Jesus or God himself, who he is.

Pretty sure they know by now.

As to her devotion, its genuine and contagious.

Her message radiates....

• Like 1
  • Author
BetheButterfly
I appreciate her faith, but this video is giving me a headache.

I am sorry it gave you a headache. :(

Denise Matthews has a lot of passion and thankfulness to Jesus for saving her from illegal drugs and the lifestyle that was making her miserable.

As Jesus says, "Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little.”

- Luke 7:47 (NIV)

What gives me a headache is when televangelists use the Gospel in order to get materially rich, such as this:

"Exposing Fraudulent Televangelist..."

Jesus Christ never made people donate $ in order to heal them, and He never commanded His disciples to get rich off of the Gospel or promises of healing.

Rather, Jesus said,

"Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’" - Matthew 7:21-23 (NIV)

One thing I admire about Denise Matthews is that she walked away from a lucrative career in order to follow Jesus. While she did sell jewelry and her pictures to cover medical expenses, she didn't try to sell a prosperity or fake healing gospel, as far as I know?

I do think Denise Matthews is grateful to God for saving her from cocaine addiction. While God did not heal her completely, He gave her more time on earth before she passed on. She seemed to very much enjoy her life in Christ! :love:

• Author
BetheButterfly
May I preface with this, I mean no disrespect for this ladys' passion.

Understood. No problem :)

Yet I find it a bit Odd telling Jesus or God himself, who he is.

Pretty sure they know by now.

Lol :)

Proclaiming is a form of praise, which is interesting.

For example, the prayer Jesus taught His followers begins with praise to our Father in Heaven and includes info that He already knows ("Your Kingdom come; Your will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven."

As to her devotion, its genuine and contagious.

Her message radiates....

Agreed :)

While I don't agree with everything Denise Matthews said or did as a follower of Christ, I do consider her my sis in Christ! :love: (For example, I don't speak in tongues, but I do have siblings in Christ who do.)