Are you interested in the movie Risen?

I am generally a bit skeptical when Hollywood deviates from scripture for "creative" purposes, but this looks like it might be pretty good

• Like 1
soleilesquire

I'd like to know what liberties Hollywood took before I see it.

I made the mistake of seeing that Noah movie without finding out, and I was kinda annoyed.

• 2 weeks later...

Not really interested in these Hollywood type movies. Just not historically or culturally accurate. At least have the decency to get people that look like people in that area of the world.

Making a fuss over unhistorically-accurate movies that portray unhistoric events- priceless!

Really already, they're all myths people. Enjoy them for what they are- works of fiction!

I'd like to know what liberties Hollywood took before I see it.

I made the mistake of seeing that Noah movie without finding out, and I was kinda annoyed.

The reason Hollywood takes so many liberties is because if you only went by the stories as told in scripture, you'd have one extremely absurd and idiotic movie. The plots have to be shifted and altered to make any kind of sensible conclusion or moral out of them, Christians do this in their own minds all the time.