Jesus would not set foot in any church

Jesus is the embodiment of Grace itself. He was a church hater and He would not set foot in any church today. In fact it would not surprise me if He set out to burn down some of these Mega churches like the John Hagee's church and Joel Osteen's church.

Jesus would be arrested for arson but it wouldn't change the fact that He had a good reason for doing what He did.

If you don't believe that then may I remind you that Jesus turned over the tables of the temple 2000 years ago. That was vandalism and if He had done the same today He would be arrested for vandalism.

Many Christians today have a very twisted concept of who Jesus was and they couldn't imagine Him having a crimminal record. Well He violated many blasphemy laws in that day which basically made Him a felon under their laws.

It is a misuse of Romans 13 to say we must blindly follow the laws of the land. No we are not under an obligation to obey ridiulcous religious laws. Every radical freedom fighter in history was charged with some kind of disorderly conduct. Breaking the law doesn't always make one a real crimminal like a child molester or bank robber or murderer.

But I think Jesus may burn down some of these mega churches or perhaps angels may do it. If a mega church was burned to the ground the pastor would probàbly prosecute the arsonist to the fullest extent of the law instead of practicing forgiveness like Jesus preached. The pastor would not attempt to seek to understand why the arsonist did what they did. No all they are interested in is putting them in jail.

Jesus would also be arrested for practicing medicine without a license. It is against the law to even perform supernatural healing a without a license. Jesus would also be committed to a mental hospital for claiming to be God and claiming that He would be raised from the dead if he got killed. Because this world system presumes that the supernatural is all fairytales the authorities would want to at least do a lengthy interrogation of Jesus if He healed people supernaturally without a medical license and no history of attending medical school.

These mega churches are all about money and God knows it. All of them! Joel Osteen, John Hagee, TD Jakes, Creflo Dollar. Their days of manipulating the masses to get their money and get rich are numbered. God will not let it go on forever. He will remove their candlestick and their church will go out of business. If their churches get robbed tomorrow I would have no sympathy for them. It serves them right. The one who stole money from their church probably needs it more than they do.

autumnnight

I agree with you about Joel O'Steen and John Hagee. I will not say ALL churches and all pastors, because like Jesus, I see individuals and not sweeping generalizations. The same Jesus who turned over the tables died for our sins. The same Jesus who said "Come unto me all who are weary" said "if you love me, keep my commandments."

Jesus is neither a legalistic dictator nor a universalist hippie. WE are the ones who choose the extreme that appeals most to us.

• Like 1
TheFinalWord
He was a church hater and He would not set foot in any church today. In fact it would not surprise me if He set out to burn down some of these Mega churches like the John Hagee's church and Joel Osteen's church.

Jesus hates big churches (church just means congregation), but preached to 5,000?

Where is the scripture that provides the exact number of people that constitute a mega church.

Edited by TheFinalWord
  • Like 2
TheFinalWord
if jesus were around today he'd be gunned down cold by the CIA

The temple guards were equivalent to the CIA, and were not able to do so.

Finally the temple guards went back to the chief priests and the Pharisees, who asked them, “Why didn’t you bring him in?” "No one ever spoke the way this man does,” the guards replied.

Jesus would be arrested for arson but it wouldn't change the fact that He had a good reason for doing what He did.

You should read when the disciples actually asked to do what you are proposing and call down fire from heaven to consume those that opposed them...

And he sent messengers on ahead, who went into a Samaritan village to get things ready for him; but the people there did not welcome him, because he was heading for Jerusalem. When the disciples James and John saw this, they asked, “Lord, do you want us to call fire down from heaven to destroy them?” But Jesus turned and rebuked them.

• Like 1