Why church youth dances are outdated

LookAtThisPOst

This interesting, though this could intermingle with the dating thread...crossovers can be drawn.

This article expresses the concern as how churches these days don't participate in traditional church dances like they had done before.

Are church youth dances outdated? | Deseret News

I got a kick out of the opening line:

When I wrote a column for the Deseret News titled “Why aren’t our kids going to church dances?” I received a flurry of comments and emails. One person simply asked me, “Why do you care?"

But anyhow, that article referenced yet another article of parents attempting to coerce their sons to go to the church dance that had been advertised endlessly only to only have 20 people show up. I guess they were expecting more considering how it was rather hyped up.

Anyhow, read on... :-)

autumnnight

At the church I attended growing up, "church" and "dance" would never have been uttered in the same sentence. Dancing means moving hips, and moving hips incites lust....or something like that.

• Author
LookAtThisPOst
At the church I attended growing up, "church" and "dance" would never have been uttered in the same sentence. Dancing means moving hips, and moving hips incites lust....or something like that.

Actually, they are more referring to more formal dancing, like that of ballroom dancing, swing, etc. This is to actually help those to interact with members of the opposite sex for the first time in their high school years that can usher them into adulthood. The article says this kind of thing is helpful.

autumnnight

Ahhhh

It would be nice to have events that promote regular, gracious, face to face interaction and manners and such.