Question To Those Knowledgeable About Jewish Evangelism

nomadic_butterfly

So I noticed when the Orthodox Jews evangelize in places like Times Square, Herald Square, etc. they hand out their pamphlets to everyone but black people. Can someone tell me why? Would love to know the honest truth, I found it quite interesting to see them handing out to Asians/pacific islanders, Indians, white/mixed Hispanics, pure whites, etc. but would skip over any black person walking by...why is that? Is there some kind of belief like for instance, the Mormons who used to (I believe in more recent times this has changed) that darker people were dark because of the wickedness of their ancestors or something like that? I love learning about different cultures, customs, and faiths so it would be great to understand the reason behind this.

I think you are referring to Lubovich Jews who are vocal and considered outside the mainstream religion. Most Orthodox do not proselytize except to other Jews.

• Like 2
  • Author
nomadic_butterfly
I think you are referring to Lubovich Jews who are vocal and considered outside the mainstream religion. Most Orthodox do not proselytize except to other Jews.

Thanks so much for clarifying!! It lingered on my mind for the past 5 yrs lol.

• Like 1