Can you lose your salvation?

This is probably the best explanation to this age old debate. To those who are not familiar with the Word, this has been a major debate among the Christian community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=O23INxdxz1I

After first getting 'saved' (turning my life over to the Lord) this is the first exhaustive Bible study that I got into because I believe it to be important. The conclusion was 'once saved always saved' and that the individual was never saved to begin with.

Over the years there have been teachings that say you can lose your salvation and they do make sense, although they went too far out of the Word IMO, but this teaching does make sense.

I think the key is an understanding of what salvation really IS. We repent, we turn from sin, and we lay ourselves and our lives under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.

When we do this sincerely, we may (and will) fall from time to time, but we will not be able to or desire to continue in willful sin, at least not without being chastened.

Too many people have an emotional experience or want "fire insurance" (as we used to call it), and do not TRULY have a transformative experience. Read Romans 6:1-3

I believe that God will work with you, but some people with "one" or "several" sins incur God's wrath and God just turns His back on you and lets you persist in sin...like no turning back to God for salvation...EVER.

youngskywalker

Salvation is the gift of eternal life. Key word, 'eternal'.

There are scriptures many people use to prove salvation can be lost. Most of these were written to the nation of Israel, not the sons of god.

At least that was my take back when I was a born again christian

• Author
pureinheart

Wow, some really cool responses.. thank you:) ... much food for thought!