The Silence Is Deafening

I thought Americans took a stand when we started bombing the hell out of them.

We haven't really heard how things have improved for Christians since our involvement but it's not like it's smart to broadcast it anyway. We don't need to high-five our achievements when all it will do is piss the other side off.

Kind of just like the way we took out Bin Laden.

I guess my point is that just because we aren't getting daily reports on the progress does not mean that progress isn't happening.

My heart breaks for the things people in other countries risk and go through to maintain their faith in God. It breaks my heart to think of the lives lost and families shattered.

Even more, though, it shames me that in the midst of these threats and crimes, THOSE people are standing solid in their faith, while we here in America are afraid to declare anything sin or say Jesus is the only way for fear of offending someone. We consider getting left off a party invite list to be persecution.

Some days, I confess I wonder if we need a good dose of real persecution here in America to separate the wheat from the chaff and the sheep from the goats.

• Like 1
  • Author
I thought Americans took a stand when we started bombing the hell out of them.

We haven't really heard how things have improved for Christians since our involvement but it's not like it's smart to broadcast it anyway. We don't need to high-five our achievements when all it will do is piss the other side off.

Kind of just like the way we took out Bin Laden.

I guess my point is that just because we aren't getting daily reports on the progress does not mean that progress isn't happening.

AG this is less for you and more for those who occupy seats in the church- this may be harsh, but it's the truth.

There is so much more that could have been done that it's pathetic. We give known terrorist countries money and that needs to stop, re-directing that money towards real humanitarian purposes. There are so many different ways of taking a stand...that's why I wasn't specific- it's what ever God puts in peoples hearts.

IMO ISIS was allowed to get this far because it didn't look good politically- it's sickening.

• Like 1