Psychic powers among humans are evolving?

It seems that as humans evolve our psychic powers evolve too. We all have these powers to a certain degree where we can read what other people are thinking and feeling and get a vibe about whether or not a certain person can be trusted. Some of us have better practice with it than others.

There are some people who are very good at reading a person even before meeting them in the flesh. I feel like my spiritual senses are heightened and more keen in the last 2 years after the cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Perhaps one day down the road there will be a time when psychic powers will be a much more commonplace expression among 75%-80% of the population. That would be much more efficient for our economy and healthcare and stuff.

Imagine a society where majority of people are psychic and even in our medical profession. Doctors would no longer need to order blood work to check patients out and be able to psychically read whether that patient is okay or has an abnormal lab value without even doing the test. I saw an episode of sliders where they landed to a world like that.

Our crime prevention efforts would be greatly improved as we could have people arrested if we psychically knew ahead of time they were planning to murder or rape someone or rob a bank even if they never mentioned a word to anyone about their criminal intentions.

I like the idea of going into a doctor's office and he would know right away what's wrong in my metabolic profile without ordering blood work. Saves me the pain of needle sticks. Saves money on ordering that stuff. Saves the doctor time as he can then efficiently see other patients and get a quicker diagnosis on what's going on with them.

Well, I heard that Professor Charles Xavier has students at his private facility that he's teaching to harness these special abilities for the use of good.

It seems that as humans evolve our psychic powers evolve too. We all have these powers to a certain degree where we can read what other people are thinking and feeling and get a vibe about whether or not a certain person can be trusted. Some of us have better practice with it than others.

There are some people who are very good at reading a person even before meeting them in the flesh. I feel like my spiritual senses are heightened and more keen in the last 2 years after the cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Perhaps one day down the road there will be a time when psychic powers will be a much more commonplace expression among 75%-80% of the population. That would be much more efficient for our economy and healthcare and stuff.

Imagine a society where majority of people are psychic and even in our medical profession. Doctors would no longer need to order blood work to check patients out and be able to psychically read whether that patient is okay or has an abnormal lab value without even doing the test. I saw an episode of sliders where they landed to a world like that.

Our crime prevention efforts would be greatly improved as we could have people arrested if we psychically knew ahead of time they were planning to murder or rape someone or rob a bank even if they never mentioned a word to anyone about their criminal intentions.

I like the idea of going into a doctor's office and he would know right away what's wrong in my metabolic profile without ordering blood work. Saves me the pain of needle sticks. Saves money on ordering that stuff. Saves the doctor time as he can then efficiently see other patients and get a quicker diagnosis on what's going on with them.

• Like 2

Psychic powers per se?

Eh, I'm not so sure...Ever see the show called "The Mentalist"? I don't watch it, but I've heard of it and I think I've watched portions of it one time.

I also enjoy psychological thrillers and crime/investigation channels and/or shows. I like trying to figure out "why" people do this or that. I love movies where there's a "twist"...and movies with several twists are even better!!!

But I think that people like the Mentalist, FBI profilers, people in law enforcement study aspects of the mind and after a certain amount of experience, they gain the ability to read people easier and can often sorta "predict" behavior.

But, they are not perfect...IMO, no one is. For example, the other day on this show a lady was suspected of killing her husband because she didn't "grieve" the way most women do (boohooing, etc.)...She was stoic and "matter of fact" (i.e. ok, lemme pick up the kids from school and deal with this later). Come to find out, it wasn't her.

I'm a lot like that, in times of stress, I'm stoic and cold...When they called me at nite to tell me my sister died(I used to equate my telephone with the emergency phone in the White house...lol), I did not cry, get upset, actually I was like 'ok, I gotta go back o sleep cuz when I get up I'm gonna have to go and make travel arrangements'. I didn't spend all night calling family, crying...nothing.

After I flew half across the U.S., handled her affairs, and buried her, I cried on the flight all the way back home. I even had to start seeing a counselor to help me with the tough decisions that I had to make about the kids.

So, we all can't fit into one "mold" of what people expect us to be. Some people say that just when they thought they figured me out, I surprise them. Oh well, I make sense to "me".

And that's the fallacy and danger of people in certain positions who think they can evaluate people with certainty. I do not think that people should be allowed to treat and/or persecute people on some "idea" of what they think that person may do.

On an old Law and Order show, this topic came up. A serial rapist got paroled and the DA (Sam Waterston) was so upset about it, that he got on this campaign to show everyone that the rapist was gonna rape again and that the rapist should have never been released. Now, I think the show ended up with his new girlfriend killing him cuz she discovered or suspected he was about to or raped again...

BUT, throughout the show, the DA and the cops were harassing him and I wonder if the stress of that pushed dude to go and do something stupid. I mean, that's why the issue of "entrapment" is argued as a defense to certain things...In other words, if you didn't keep dangling that carrot in front of me, I probably wouldn't have done it.

So psychic powers, eh, not really? But, ability to read people and predict behavior? Yes, but to a point - humans aren't perfect.

We all have intuition, and pick up on certain things, to varying degrees. I always use the saying, "You could cut the tension with a knife" as an example: you may not have been in a room when an argument (or something along those lines) happened, but you can feel it in the air.

• Like 1

Also, maybe you oughta check out that YouTube video writergal put about the DSM...

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/off-topic/water-cooler/498492-dsm-psychiatry-s-deadliest-scam

You need "proof" to sustain a diagnosis and/or argument. Trust me, until you start practicing law or have to issue decisions on things - you will see how difficult it is to argue and prove your position. You need proof.

I would feel more comfortable if a doctor told me something after they ran certain tests and actually "showed" me how they reached their conclusion. But, even with testing available for this or that, it still requires a certain level of communication between doctor and patient. Cuz, think of it like a car....if you go and tell the mechanic "X", the mechanic is only gonna look at "X" and may not run certain tests and look over that the problem was actually "Y".

Now, a highly skilled and/or experienced mechanic might say "lemme" do a test drive or this or that and may actually point out that it was "Y" instead of "X"...lol

Same with doctors...that's why a lot of women's magazines stress to women to be frank with their doctors and tell them EVERYTHING that's going without shame. That way the doctor can suggest running certain testing and cover all bases....but even then, it's still not perfect. Some people need a team of doctors to treat them.

But going back to the DSM...that's the danger of psychology and psychiatry. There's no testing to back up their diagnosis of mental illness/conditions. It's just an arbitrary decision based off of conversations with someone in a white robe. That is dangerous if you ask me.

Edited by Gloria25
  • Like 1

I'm not going to list all of the things that have happened over the years, but when I was sixteen, I experienced a feeling like I'd been kicked in the solar plexus, that was accompanied by a feeling about something that was going to happen. I started to cry, but then pushed it out of my mind, feeling silly. Just over a week later, it happened.

There was no explanation for that.

• Like 1
skydiveaddict
It seems that as humans evolve our psychic powers evolve too.

No they don't. There is no such thing.

Why do vulnerable people always fall for this nonsense?

Edited by skydiveaddict
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm not going to list all of the things that have happened over the years, but when I was sixteen, I experienced a feeling like I'd been kicked in the solar plexus, that was accompanied by a feeling about something that was going to happen. I started to cry, but then pushed it out of my mind, feeling silly. Just over a week later, it happened.

There was no explanation for that.

I have had things like this happen to me as well. I think many people don't listen when they just "know" things. Some people are just better at listening to their intuition.

A couple of examples are - When I was a child I kept having a terrifying vision of my neighbors dogs attacking me or someone else. Then one day a month or so later-after my visions /daymares- the dogs attacked my sister and hurt her really bad. It could be easily dismissed as - I must have just thought the dogs were scary...& that is what I tried to convince myself.

- Another more recent example is I woke up from a dream and felt very distraught I looked at my husband & said - something bad happened to (___) a friend of ours- I just knew. I tried to get a hold of this friend but couldn't...Later that week we found out that our friend got into a lot of trouble and ended up going to jail...he is now in prison. So I was right something bad did happen to him and I felt it.

These are just two examples of many many experiences similar to this I have had all through my lifetime.

I also am very good at reading peoples vibes in person or over the phone.

There are more and more people nowadays that have abilities like this or even more pronounced like psychics who can help solve crimes.

People are more accepting to these sorts of ideas now than they have been in the past.

This whole topic is widely discouraged and ridiculed.

But it is no joke intuition is real & has been real. The human mind is truly an amazing thing!!

They used to label women as witches and burn them at the stake for possessing such gifts.