Your 5 favorite pastors?

todreaminblue
thomas s monson quote....

In "The Search for Jesus," President Monson refers to favorite scriptural accounts of those who have sought to know Christ. "The formula for finding Jesus has always been the same: earnest and sincere prayer of a humble and pure heart," he says. He urges all to "undertake a personal search for Jesus," to "prepare time for him in our lives and room for him in our hearts."...end quote

jeffrey r holland

You are doing God's work. You are doing it wonderfully well. He is blessing you, and He will bless you, --even--no, -especially--when your days and your nights may be most challenging. Like the woman who anonymously, meekly, perhaps even with hesitation and some embarrassment, fought her way through the crowd just to touch the hem of the Master's garment, so Christ will say to the women who worry and wonder and weep over their responsibility as mothers, `Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole.' And it will make your children whole as well.”

― Jeffrey R. Holland

gordon b hinckley....quote...“Cultivate an attitude of happiness. Cultivate a spirit of optimism. Walk with faith, rejoicing in the beauties of nature, in the goodness of those you love, in the testimony which you carry in your heart concerning things divine.” end quote

― Gordon B. Hinckley

dieter f uchtdorf

“Though we are incomplete, God loves us completely. Though we are imperfect, He loves us perfectly. Though we may feel lost and without compass, God's love encompasses us completely. ... He loves every one of us, even those who are flawed, rejected, awkward, sorrowful, or broken.”

― Dieter F. Uchtdorf

russell m nelson

“You are God's agents in the care of children He has entrusted to you. Let His divine influence remain in your hearts as you teach and persuade.”

― Russell M. Nelson

they are inspiring faithful and honest men.....deb

Edited by todreaminblue

I figured you'd like that one ;)

Serious list:

1. David Jeremiah

2. Charles Stanley

3. Adrian Rogers (RIP)

4. Jack Hayford

5. Hugh Ross

• Like 1

hmmmmm....so far my list is short. I watch Mr. Stanley every week. Although a bit more "religious" then I tend to lean to (not sure how else to explain) I always learn something an appreciate the depth of his understanding.

I dig Mr. Jakes. Don't connect with Olson.

A good friend who is a minister and another that is a Catholic priest.

• Author
hmmmmm....so far my list is short. I watch Mr. Stanley every week. Although a bit more "religious" then I tend to lean to (not sure how else to explain) I always learn something an appreciate the depth of his understanding.

I dig Mr. Jakes. Don't connect with Olson.

A good friend who is a minister and another that is a Catholic priest.

Charles Stanley is very universal. He is able to reach many different people without compromising the truth. I will say, though, that I have seen him soften up just a bit on certain issues that he was previously firm on. Not sure what this means but so far I haven't seen him miss on any of the central doctrines.

• Like 1

1. Jesus (winner :p)

2. My pastor at church

3. The pastor at the first church I went to

4. The pastor I had at a different church I went to

5. All of the other amazing pastors I hear on the radio, etc

Sorry OP, I don't think I have a major affinity to any popular pastors, at least any more than the ones I've had a more personal connection to. :o

• Like 2