Interested in learning about Buddhism

Hello all,

Hopefully my spelling on Buddhism is correct, if not I do apologize :( Anyway, as the title says, I am very interest in learning about Buddhism. As of late I have had a lot of anger in my life, within myself, and feel I need something to calm myself down.

From my very poor understanding, as I do now know all that much, Buddhism is sort of about being at peace, knowing how to mediate, reaching enlightenment within one's self, and is something that really appeals to me. If I am way off base on this, please correct me.

I have tried doing a little bit of research online, but there is just some much information out there, I don't even know where to begin. So I come to you fellow LS members, for those that are much more knowledgeable on the matter. I even believe there is one very active member, TaraM if I am correct, who I would love to hear on the teachings and styles of Buddhism.

Thank you to all those that help me on my journey to inner peace :)

I hope a knowledgeable Buddhist responds soon. In the meanwhile, I hope you find a way to deal with your anger and discover the inner peace you seek.

• Author

Thats what I am hoping also :)

I have done more research online, but the amount of information is overwelling, and I have read some of them may be incorrect

If you're in a hurry it might be best if you look for a local temple or group for support. I'm not a Buddhist because I don't share their belief of no Deity, but I have learned a few useful techniques to strive for inner peace from their philosophy.