Do you ever listen to a song for the first time and think how extraordinarily beautiful it is, and you MUST have it and obsess about it until you have the CD (or download it from iTunes) in your hot little hands, and you listen to it over and over and over and over again?

Whenever this happens to me I think to myself, "That's gotta be straight from heaven."

I've always had a theory that some humans actually hear bits & pieces of the music in heaven, and they repeat that same string over and over again in the songs they compose because they can't remember the rest of the tune. That's why we have repeating stanzas in our songs here on earth.

In heaven, the music is so beautiful we wouldn't be able to hear it fully without keeling over dead. So God in His infinite mercy :D just gives us a little taste of it through some of our gifted brothers & sisters who compose and perform songs.

I believe that Mozart was able to hear more of heaven's music than most - and I believe that's what drove him to madness and an early death. He was trying so desperately hard to put it all down on paper, and the rest of his life became a train-wreck because of it.

What say you - am I completely nuts?

• Like 2

I'm waiting for the day when "The Song of the Lamb" is #1 on the billboards.

And I saw what looked like a sea of glass glowing with fire and, standing beside the sea, those who had been victorious over the beast [antichrist] and its image and over the number [666] of its name. They held harps given them by God and sang the song of God’s servant Moses and of the Lamb:

“Great and marvelous are your deeds, Lord God Almighty. Just and true are your ways, King of the nations. Who will not fear you, Lord, and bring glory to your name? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous acts have been revealed.” (Revelation 15:2-4 NIV)

*brackets inserted by me

• Like 1
I've always had a theory that some humans actually hear bits & pieces of the music in heaven, and they repeat that same string over and over again in the songs they compose because they can't remember the rest of the tune. That's why we have repeating stanzas in our songs here on earth.

Beautiful music does feel like it comes from heaven. I have absolutely no idea what it feels like to be inspired to create a piece of music. But I love listening! :)

I do think God inspires the beauty that people create (sometimes it's not always used with good intentions though). I love the way

describes her experiences of being inspired, I guess because it seems more genuine coming from such a young girl (I think she's beyond amazing!!!). I can't find the video now, but she explains how she sits, and it's like she goes into another world, or some sort of power comes over her...and she has to play the song! She says she doesn't know where it comes from.

I read an article about

, who said that she'll "receive" an inspired sound, and then she'll have to work and work with the piece until it's exactly what she has in her head, and is trying to convey.
  • Like 1
pureinheart

Music moves me, do you ever loose youself in it? Remembering people giving me unusual looks because of how deep I can get into it- not bad looks, but like they didn't understand.

Not all music does this for me. Both Christian and secular, or marketed secular just take me off this earth!

pureinheart
Beautiful music does feel like it comes from heaven. I have absolutely no idea what it feels like to be inspired to create a piece of music. But I love listening! :)

I do think God inspires the beauty that people create (sometimes it's not always used with good intentions though). I love the way

describes her experiences of being inspired, I guess because it seems more genuine coming from such a young girl (I think she's beyond amazing!!!). I can't find the video now, but she explains how she sits, and it's like she goes into another world, or some sort of power comes over her...and she has to play the song! She says she doesn't know where it comes from.

I read an article about

, who said that she'll "receive" an inspired sound, and then she'll have to work and work with the piece until it's exactly what she has in her head, and is trying to convey.

Oh wow Pie, hadn't read your post before posting lol...bold is were I go, but can't play any instrument, but do sing...very rusty now though:eek: