Inspirational spiritual songs

BetheButterfly

This is my last thread and post in a while, cause I need to take a long break from Loveshack, due to a new project I have to work on starting this Monday.

While Loveshack used to have a spiritual inspiration song thread, I'm not sure where it is anymore.

What is a song or songs that inspire you?

I am listening to some of Benny Hester's songs right now. I love many of them. "When God Ran" is based on the parable of Jesus about the prodigal son: :love:

is Benny Hester's testimony. :love:

is awesome, asking Jesus to hold "me." :love::love: That's the name of the song "Hold Me"

Like I mentioned in another thread, I love the Whoever Touches You, Touches the Apple of My Eye song:

I looked for the song "Can I Get to You From Here?" but couldn't find it on youtube. :( I did find the lyrics though: Rubber Canoe: A Benny Hester Archive

This is another of my favorite ones from Benny Hester, that talks about Jesus' resurrection and how Jesus (His Spirit) dwells in the hearts of his true followers, as well as mentioning Thomas' doubt in Jesus' resurrection:

is precious too.

I love this song and am inspired by it too, because I believe it's true. I believe God's love is stronger than mere mortals' love and that God knows us more than anyone else does!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoJ65hJp3GU

This thread, by the way, is not limited to Christian spiritual songs. If some people would like to post inspirational songs of other spiritual beliefs, that is cool too!

Edited by BetheButterfly
  • Like 2
This thread, by the way, is not limited to Christian spiritual songs.

Or Benny Hester songs, yeah? (j/k, heehee ;))

This is my last thread and post in a while, cause I need to take a long break from Loveshack, due to a new project I have to work on starting this Monday.

Good luck on your project. And by "long break", I hope you mean, like a week...because nothing is more important than Loveshack!

Just kidding Beth! Come back soon!!!

• Like 1
I don't find inspiration in math per se, but in... challenging our perceptions of things.

I definitely believe that! :)

Tim Timmons was diagnosed with an incurable form of cancer 12 years ago. He seems to live life full-force, with spiritual intensity...like he really knows how limited the time we all have is. I think his music is amazing when he interacts with the crowd, though

doesn't do him enough justice. :):o:)
a little more about his story.

Then,

...I could
to them
! :)
  • Like 2
todreaminblue

Not bethebutterfly....noooooooo...people i really really like always leave...i am cursed.your posts make me smile always....sinking now.......sad face inserted here.....huge hugs to you i wish you love and happiness and hope you succeed to the the nth degree any project and in any capacity......will miss you bethebutterfly....luv debxo...heres my song was given to me by a guy i really respect but dont particularly like at the moment.......

• Like 3
  • Author
BetheButterfly
Not bethebutterfly....noooooooo...people i really really like always leave...i am cursed.your posts make me smile always....sinking now.......sad face inserted here.....huge hugs to you i wish you love and happiness and hope you succeed to the the nth degree any project and in any capacity......will miss you bethebutterfly....luv debxo...heres my song was given to me by a guy i really respect but dont particularly like at the moment.......

Hi Deb!

No you are not cursed!!! People and time just don't last forever on this earth... I guess you could say the earth actually is cursed, but we are not the earth (though our bodies are made of earth and will return to the earth). We're just inhabitants here for a little while, for a speck of time. (And, I believe that when Jesus comes back, that he will remove the curse the earth is under, yay!!!:bunny:)

We have eternity written in our spirits though, and we all go through different difficulties in life. You are an awesome lady who has experienced very difficult situations in life, but you are blessed because you have a kind and loving heart/mind/soul/spirit. Love and kindness are great spiritual blessings!!!

Thanks so much for the well-wishes. I also wish that you experience love and kindness and more and more blessings!!! Life is hard, but love and kindness makes life beautiful. :)

Today I'm taking a quick break from my break from loveshack lol. :)

I'm missing Loveshack but I need to dedicate time for my project. It's going well thanks!

"Anything Impossible" is a cool, inspiring song! Thanks for sharing!

The following is a beautiful inspirational song in Hebrew. I'm not sure if it's Psalm 23 in Hebrew or about Psalm 23. I love Psalm 23 because even though it talks about earthly things, they represent the spiritual blessings of God being our (spiritual) Shepherd.

As Jesus says, "God is Spirit"... (in John 4).

Blessings!

Bethy

• Like 2
todreaminblue
Hi Deb!

No you are not cursed!!! People and time just don't last forever on this earth... I guess you could say the earth actually is cursed, but we are not the earth (though our bodies are made of earth and will return to the earth). We're just inhabitants here for a little while, for a speck of time. (And, I believe that when Jesus comes back, that he will remove the curse the earth is under, yay!!!:bunny:)

We have eternity written in our spirits though, and we all go through different difficulties in life. You are an awesome lady who has experienced very difficult situations in life, but you are blessed because you have a kind and loving heart/mind/soul/spirit. Love and kindness are great spiritual blessings!!!

Thanks so much for the well-wishes. I also wish that you experience love and kindness and more and more blessings!!! Life is hard, but love and kindness makes life beautiful. :)

Today I'm taking a quick break from my break from loveshack lol. :)

I'm missing Loveshack but I need to dedicate time for my project. It's going well thanks!

"Anything Impossible" is a cool, inspiring song! Thanks for sharing!

The following is a beautiful inspirational song in Hebrew. I'm not sure if it's Psalm 23 in Hebrew or about Psalm 23. I love Psalm 23 because even though it talks about earthly things, they represent the spiritual blessings of God being our (spiritual) Shepherd.

As Jesus says, "God is Spirit"... (in John 4).

Blessings!

Bethy

thanks bethy....will miss you .....hugs..blessings right back atcha huge ones ..debxoxox

• Like 1

I have absolutley no idea whatsoever why it should be, but I love Lord of the dance - and it makes me cry.

Why I dunno.

But it's a great one for my part.

• Like 4
  • Author
BetheButterfly
"Dear God" by XTC

I youtubed the song and thought at first it was a sweet and innocent song from a child to God until I realized it's more a song against the horrible injustices in the world, and thus why the author doesn't believe in God.

The song you mention does not personally spiritually inspire me. "When I Needed a Neighbor", a heartfelt song by Sydney Carter and gorgeously sung by the lovely Rosa Page Welch, does however spiritually inspire me and helps me put physical action to my spirit's awakening.

:love:

Some of the lyrics of this beautiful song address the injustice in the world, because Jesus said to love one's neighbor as one loves oneself (Matthew 22:39) and emphasized the importance of helping those in need (Matthew 25:31-46). This song's aim is to spiritually motivate people to love their neighbors by helping them! :)

People can change the world to make it a better place (and Christians believe we are to help those in need like Jesus said to do... Jesus gave us an example and even though I for example can't heal people like I believe Jesus did, I can help in other ways - like by paying for medicine and supporting doctors who GIVE of their free time to help those in need, and translate for them... there is something everyone can do in order to help those in need depending on our talents)!

Simply scorning God doesn't help make the world a more loving and caring place. Rather, actively loving people and caring for the sick, feeding the poor, helping those in need, and so on makes the world a better place and is in my opinion, more spiritually and physically inspiring!!! :) What's cool about that too is that both people who believe in God, in gods, AND in no God can love people and actively help those in need!!! :) Love is action!!!

So, i personally believe that what's spiritually/physically inspiring is when people, no matter their "creed... colour... name", work together to Love and to make the world a better place, no matter their reason for doing so!!! :)

Were you There? (Creed, colour, and name wont matter), Hymnlyrics.org

• Like 1
  • Author
BetheButterfly
I have absolutley no idea whatsoever why it should be, but I love Lord of the dance - and it makes me cry.

Why I dunno.

But it's a great one for my part.

I love it too. I wish I were a ballerina. :p:) Oh well. I can dance anyways and enjoy dancing to this song and others!!! It's cool how dance can be spiritual too! I love that!!!

Yoga is spiritual too, yes? I don't know much about yoga, but there are spiritual elements to physical body movement, which is really cool!

The following is a youtube where the song is beautifully done a capella. :)

I didn't know Sydney Carter was a pacifist, but I am glad about that. :)

Edited by BetheButterfly
  • Like 1
TheFinalWord

One very cool thing about you Deb is that you have been given a lot in life that most other people could not take. I don't know why, but I am confident you have a great reward in heaven. You are always very kind, even with all the things that have happened to you. That is not a curse! You have the perseverance of a saint. :)

Here is my contribution. Have seen these guys before, stellar performance. Amazing artists...

• Like 3

Why I dunno.

Maybe you need to dance (wherever you may be) :)

Edited by pie2
  • Like 1

loving the songs you guys are posting. but personally for me i love 'awakening' by hillsong and 'higher wider deeper' by citipointe! you should check it out!

• Like 4

I don't think anyone dances enough.....

• Like 3

I love Amazing Grace. Touches my heart every time.

I learned "The Lord of The Dance" while I was in Catholic school growing up.

I also love "Jesus Walks" by Kanye West. The lyrics are true; Jesus walks with even the worst of us.

• Like 3
  • Author
BetheButterfly
I love Amazing Grace. Touches my heart every time.

Me too:love:

I learned "The Lord of The Dance" while I was in Catholic school growing up.

I also love "Jesus Walks" by Kanye West. The lyrics are true; Jesus walks with even the worst of us.

Wow. "Jesus Walks" is very powerful!

I love these lines:

"I ain't here to argue about his facial features

Or here to convert atheists into believers

I'm just trying to say the way school need teachers

The way Kathie Lee needed Regis that's the way I need Jesus

So here go my single dog radio needs this

They say you can rap about anything except for Jesus

That means guns, sex, lies, videotape

But if I talk about God my record won't get played, huh?"

I 100% agree; I need Jesus too!!!

The official youtube is very impactful:KanYe West - Jesus Walks 1:st Version [Official Video in HQ] +Lyrics In Description - YouTube

• Like 3
pureinheart

This one is really special to me...my SIL (ex now :() who is like a son is locked up right now (so if you guys could say some prayers for his release and when he gets ot he'll NEVER go back again!) ....he told me this was his song....

So I would say the words to this song are literal to him....

Edited by pureinheart
  • Like 2
pureinheart

I do... love to dance...everywhere (no lie)

• Like 2
I do... love to dance...everywhere (no lie)

Even at the bank? Or at the movies? ;)

I admire you, because I'm a little shy about dancing, even though I love it! :)

• Like 1
pureinheart
Even at the bank? Or at the movies? ;)

I admire you, because I'm a little shy about dancing, even though I love it! :)

If you love it, then I would bet you're good at it, so go for it!

LOL, Pie, everywhere there is music:D

At work they got the bright idea of pumping music in- had to learn how to maintain as we had a lot of tours going through at that time...so had to sneak off to the backshops:D

• Like 1