LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Mind, Body & Soul > Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being

I'm struggling to function...

Self-Improvement and Personal Well-Being Start off with a great foundation! The place to ponder the journey towards improving yourself!

Old 13th October 2017, 3:05 PM   #1
Established Member

I'm struggling to function...

As I write this I'm feeling incredibly anxious and depressed, and I'm at a loss for what to do.

I'm currently taking anti-depressants and I'm booked in for therapy, so I'm hoping (no, praying) that I start to feel better soon, but right now I'm in such a state that I can barely function. I'm barely eating and have lost weight, I don't have the motivation or concentration to do any of my university work, and since I don't currently have a job I haven't really got a lot to do besides lectures and gym. The moment I'm left alone I begin to question everything and get myself into a state of panic. I don't even know why. I went out with friend's last night, had a great time, and I've got plans for the weekend, but the moment I have a quiet / lazy day I begin worrying. It's not as if I'm doing a bad job of things either; I've made some great new friends, albeit I don't see / talk to them all too often.

I'm obsessing. Obsessing over being alone, obsessing over if I'm doing anything wrong, obsessing over my lack of a dating life. I miss my ex terribly. I feel like I'm being a bad friend. The moment all these thoughts crop into my head I feel overwhelmed and feel like I'm going mad. I asked someone earlier to tell me, honest to God, if I was doing something wrong and they said that I wasn't, that I'm great, but I'm finding it so hard to accept right now. My self-esteem and confidence is practically non-existent at this point. It's got so bad, thoughts of suicide have cropped up in my head again.

I don't know what to do, and I'm scared.
LightWave93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2017, 3:11 PM   #2
Established Member

Breathe! I know that when you get like this - I've been there -- even breathing can be a challenge.

You posted here. That is a good thing!

Try some meditation. Clear your mind. Think of pleasant thoughts. Go for a walk. Sunshine on your face & the act of moving will actually help.

Find a small task around your house you can do for a sense of accomplishment. Even doing the dishes you can say "ah, that's done."
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote