Does she know my condition?

At the hospital where I go, my entire health record is displayed on the computer so that every medical staff member can view it, which I think is wrong.

One female rehab associate who has known me as a patient for over 4 years

said to me on the phone when I was worried about something, she said,

"I know your personality".

I am thinking that she knows that I take a pill for depression orperhaps OCD. , this bothers me because I thought it was a secret that no one should know. My condition is none of her concern and has nothing to do with the exercise program I was in with her.

Pissed off

.Do you think she knows??

CautiouslyOptimistic

Electronic Medical Records aren't going anywhere, but neither are HIPAA laws, so IF she does know, she's breaking the law and should be fired. In what context did she tell you she "knows your personality?"

RecentChange

Maybe she knows from your records.

Or quite possibly if she has worked with you for four years, she has become away of your OCD tendencies due to your behavior.

• Like 3
TattooMyToe_2.0

Does it really matter if she knows or not?

Many people have depression/OCD/anxiety/mental illness.

I am not even sure that particular info would be looked at by her; now if you had a heart condition and were in her excercise class- then I would hope she was privy to that information.

You can always check the HIPAA release you signed and tryto verify who sees what at this hospital.

Is this the first time you've worried to her? If not, then it's very likely she knows from four years of experience with you that your personality type is that of a worrier.

Scarlett.O'hara
Do you think she knows??

No, she said she knows your personality, not that she knows your history or mental health condition.

It makes sense that someone in the healthcare profession would notice people's quirks as part of their job helping others.

She has known you four years, which is long enough to gauge aspects of your personality, so I think in this instance you should try to give her the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 1

of course. lf there's anything at all between you that's the first thing she'd do.Perks of the job.

l'd take it as given.